Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Apparently isn't starting against England tonight, Joao Gomes from Wolves to play alongside Guimaeres and Paqueta allegedly. 

New manager, same old sh*t. Cannot for the life of me understand how average players like Gomes are chosen ahead of him, makes no sense. And he's better than Guimaeres at the moment too. He'll get his usual 15 minutes in the 2nd half when Brazil are losing and no time whatsoever to influence the game. No wonder Brazil's national team is so bad these days. 

• Like 1

They play Spain in a couple days. I imagine the starting 11 will be different then. It's friendlies after all.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Imagine telling us 10 years ago we'd be 4th in the league with Brazil's first choice CM in the team, striker not far off the golden boot and we'd sacked off Coutinho on loan as wasn't good enough for us

But he isn't first choice CM for Brazil. Even with injuries to Casemiro and Joelinton (who were somehow ahead of him in the pecking order), he's still not making their starting lineup. Truth is our best players just about make their national teams but are still not deemed good enough to start for some bizarre reason even in a bloody friendly. Even uncapped Wolves players are ahead of us in the pecking order which once again makes absolutely no sense. 

Sorry to rock the boat. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Apparently isn't starting against England tonight, Joao Gomes from Wolves to play alongside Guimaeres and Paqueta allegedly. 

New manager, same old sh*t. Cannot for the life of me understand how average players like Gomes are chosen ahead of him, makes no sense. And he's better than Guimaeres at the moment too. He'll get his usual 15 minutes in the 2nd half when Brazil are losing and no time whatsoever to influence the game. No wonder Brazil's national team is so bad these days. 

That Gomes looks decent to me but Dougie is surely due a start! Over either him or Guimaraes like you said.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

That Gomes looks decent to me but Dougie is surely due a start! Over either him or Guimaraes like you said.

Gomes is possibly a bit better defensively but Luiz is technically a miles better player. Maybe Luiz-Guimaeres-Paqueta is too attacking in the middle of the park but Luiz not starting is madness. He's never been given much of a chance for Brazil and I cannot understand why because for us he's consistently outstanding and is also a good set piece and penalty taker. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leeroy said:

No wonder Brazil's national team is so bad these days. 

Still good enough to beat Cocknose 😂

• Haha 1

On 23/03/2024 at 10:40, Leeroy said:

Gomes worked with the Brazil manager before

Ask most Wolves fans and they say Gomes has been excellent for them and has been one of their most important players, and it actually makes more sense to play him in a midfield three alongside Guimarães and Paqueta than Luiz, as he's much more of a defensive midfielder, Luiz's compettion is more the other two, more so Guimarães

4 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Is that Antony making a complete mess of that? Trying to finish with his left? 🤦‍♂️

Edit: can't be but it's still awful whoever it is.

Edited by Tom13

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Is that Antony making a complete mess of that? Trying to finish with his left? 🤦‍♂️

Edit: can't be but it's still awful whoever it is.

It's Paqueta. To be fair he does make up for it by scoring a last minute penalty!

• Thanks 1

Â