Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

9 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Was our 3rd best player tonight after Coutinho and Ramsey, did absolutely nothing wrong all game, won multiple duels and used the ball well when he got it. But will always get stick.

He was nowhere near our 3rd best player tbh.  Pretty anonymous and doesn't move the ball quickly enough IMO.

I don't really "get it" with Luiz, but when he's good he looks very good. 

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Nothing would have changed tonight if we had Bissouma playing in that position.

Far bigger issues at play.

Disagree 100%. Bissouma is skilled at breaking up play in the transition. Slowing play and giving the defence more time to set. This is our single biggest issue at the football club. Luiz is playing out of position and we badly miss a proper player in the central DM role. 

• Like 2

He seems to be used as a Scape goat along with Mings at the moment. 

I personally am hoping the midfield next season includes him. I'd love to see this

Ramsey Bissouma Luiz

I just can't see McGinn being happy with that and will want to move elsewhere. 

Just now, Lord Willard said:

I personally am hoping the midfield next season includes him. I'd love to see this

Ramsey Bissouma Luiz

He is playing out of position, so obviously his performances will suffer. I'll give you that. He will have a hard time getting ahead of JJ / McGinn though. I still think it's a a racing certainty he's sold in summer, new contract or not.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He is playing out of position, so obviously his performances will suffer. I'll give you that. He will have a hard time getting ahead of JJ / McGinn though. I still think it's a a racing certainty he's sold in summer, new contract or not.

Fair, enough. I think if we hold onto Coutinho, Luiz will be more on his, Buendias and Ramsey's wavelength. 

I love McGinn but he can lose his composure while passing the ball forward and over hit it. It's kind of frustrating. 

10 hours ago, Zero7 said:

Being played too deep, thought he did well at times tonight. He is not blessed with pace so was never going to track Leeds runners tonight 

This wrong. Luiz is comfortably quicker than Mcginn, and has similar levels of pace as Ramsey. He just lacks concentration. He switches off and doesn't have great defensive instincts. A slow player with good instincts, that reads the game well defensively would block off that run those run.

When closing down and chasing after balls he show real quickness. Because he lacks those defensive qualities he is slow to react.

3 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Ramsey Bissouma Luiz

That word again - scapegoat.

He played poorly, as did Mings, and is being criticised for it. He's not a 'scapegoat'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

If he doesn't sign a contract he'll be gone in the summer. 

If we can get £25m+ for him in the Summer then that would be great. 

Honestly, there is a reason we're 11th in the league, and that's because players like Luiz just are not performing at a high enough level for us to consistently win football matches. 

4 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Ramsey Bissouma Luiz

Pointing out players who aren’t playing well, is not scapegoating, it’s pointing out players who aren’t playing well. He was awful last night. Lost possession 11 times. Had the lowest pass completion of any of our midfield. Pointing these simple facts out is not scapegoating.

Â