Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

TBH I'd like us to keep Dougie. However, if he has no intention of staying I would start to phase him out the side regardless of the impact and flog him to the continent in the summer.  And then I'd sell his girlfriend to the WMSL. That'll teach him lol.

I actually wonder if the relationship with with Lehmann has left the club concerned in any way and unwilling to offer him a new deal.   

This idea that he would stay because his GF plays for the women’s side is a bit silly really. If he moves to say Arsenal, or Spurs, it’s not like it’s a million miles away is it? Just stay close to the m40 and its job done.

I think we’ll sell him this window. I don’t think he wants to sign the deal we’ve offered and as we’re a well run business now, we need to cash in whilst he still holds significant value.

It’s a shame he’s leaving but there are better players out there. Hopefully we can upgrade on him. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This idea that he would stay because his GF plays for the women’s side is a bit silly really. If he moves to say Arsenal, or Spurs, it’s not like it’s a million miles away is it? Just stay close to the m40 and its job done.

I think we’ll sell him this window. I don’t think he wants to sign the deal we’ve offered and as we’re a well run business now, we need to cash in whilst he still holds significant value.

It’s a shame he’s leaving but there are better players out there. Hopefully we can upgrade on him. 

If it’s true we’ve already turned down 30m how much do you think the club are holding out for and who would pay more than that?

Or maybe we’d expect the bid closer to the deadline. I still personally think he’ll sign a new contract but it’s also not the end of the world if he leaves and we get good money for him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I mean she used to live in London, for all we know she could be encouraging his move. I like Luiz and have no issues with him but he and Alisha like the attention it’s a big public relationship and I wouldn’t be surprised it was a ploy to get them more attention as a brand it’s certainly working as both are gaining followers on Instagram, a move to Arsenal would gain Luiz even more attention .

23 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’ve so far seen Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton all linked with moves for him. I suspect we’re trying to start a bidding war.

I suspect his agent is tyring to start a bidding war, including us with a new deal

Hopefully nothing to see here other than his agent tarting him up ahead of him asking for £120k a week and us offering £100k

And I'm serious about the number... I think it'll be eye watering and a football has moved on thing and we all think he's not worth it 

We are in negotiations for a CDM that is bound to unsettle him....The No8 roles are well populated, so I guess he see's uncertainty for himself.

These things happen...and in a scenario where we are trying to move from midtable, ish to top half.....these type of things are going to happen.

• Like 1

If we are offered £32m then we should sell him at that + add ons. It'll give us the ammo for more signings in summer. The 8 position is one we're well stocked in, especially as Chukwuemeka is clearly best suited to that role. 

• Like 2

While I don't want to see any of the best players leave it's encouraging that Villa now receive proper offers for their players. Shows what a good job they've done building this team from the nearly empty shell that Dean managed to promote. 

If they can move players like Luiz and Cash for premium prices and replace them with players they think would fit better then fair enough, I trust them to make the right decisions. 

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we are offered £32m then we should sell him at that + add ons. It'll give us the ammo for more signings in summer. The 8 position is one we're well stocked in, especially as Chukwuemeka is clearly best suited to that role. 

It'll be really annoying watching him go well at Spurs.

The one thing we know here is this £32m leak is coming from them. We don't seem to leak anything, ever.

So I bet it isn't £32m up front. More like £5m plus £10m next year plus £10m the next year then a load of bonuses based on Spurs making top 4.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

It'll be really annoying watching him go well at Spurs.

The one thing we know here is this £32m leak is coming from them. We don't seem to leak anything, ever.

So I bet it isn't £32m up front. More like £5m plus £10m next year plus £10m the next year then a load of bonuses based on Spurs making top 4.

500k up front, plus a bag of crisps, plus 31.5m when Spurs win the European Super League.

Â