Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

He has the potential to run a game thats for sure. His positioning on the pitch. How he positions his body. How he slows it down and speeds it up. And not 24 till next May . 

I just get the feeling he will be off in the summer. I think he would be a superstar in Italy  not just a very good player. 

Will be a shame if he does but thats football for you. 

26 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He has the potential to run a game thats for sure. His positioning on the pitch. How he positions his body. How he slows it down and speeds it up. And not 24 till next May . 

I just get the feeling he will be off in the summer. I think he would be a superstar in Italy  not just a very good player. 

Will be a shame if he does but thats football for you. 

If he’s as good as you think he is why go to Italy, surely a top 4 club will come in for him. The Italian league is a retirement league nowadays, not a league you go to in your prime. I do think the slower pace of the Italian league would suit him more though. 

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If alisha lehmann stays at villa women, doug will stay here too

Women's football contracts are much shorter and they move much more frequently due to small fees involved. 

22 hours ago, TRO said:

Ha ha.....I think he has been playing much better.....but I still think he could of done better in intercepting that ball on the edge of the box, where Chelsea nearly scored....just late getting there.

I am not influenced by what the masses think, because it depends what folk look for.....I want to see a No6 win the ball and deny opponents by intercepting and being first to the ball, reading situations and capitalising on them....before launching attacks.

Yes, I did see that great pass by him, hence my mixed views.....He does have good moments, I won't deny that.

I don't see him much different to Ashley Westwood, when he was with us, just recyles the ball well, whilst not making any real impact on the game.

I guess its opinions, I don't see the conviction in his game like Ramsey or McGinn....just a tidy footballer.

He might have a bit more technical ability than westwood but no more drive and Westwood can produce a great ball as he did last night. Not a lot in it at the moment!

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

He might have a bit more technical ability than westwood but no more drive and Westwood can produce a great ball as he did last night. Not a lot in it at the moment!

If only Westwood had a Brazilian Grandma. Imagine the scenes as he turned up for Brazil duty ready to ping some sideways passes out to the full backs who unfortunately had not read the script and had advanced 40m ahead of play.

Is this the thread for our Brazilian international midfielder or have I stumbled in to something else? 

Rightfully dropped from the last squad, that's a good carrot for us both in terms of performances and hopefully transfer, stay settled play well make the squad 

• Like 1

My opinion on Douglas Luiz (for what it's worth).

When Doug joined us I thought that he was a typical Man City squad player. Lots of technical talent, but he needed to be surrounded by other good technical players to get the best out of him and we didn't have them.

Doug has finally started to adapt to the PL and now looks like he wants to play here. His performances have improved considerably and he's starting to show the class that previously we could only read about in U21 international game reports.. He's also cutting out the silly fouls (Gerards influence) and he's starting to look the real deal.

I hope we don't consider selling him because I honestly believe that if we add two or three quality players to our first team, he could transform from an uncut diamond into the Crown Jewels. This guy needs a quality platform and NSWE can provide it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know it’s New Year’s Eve and spirits are high but wow there is some seriously strange opinions in here   , Doug is a classy young player who is improving constantly, his ceiling is very high , hope he stays a while !

• Like 2

Â