Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Very good game. He's keeping the ball a lot better under Gerrard, but so is every other midfielder 

He was always good at keeping the ball. What has changed is that the other players around him are looking for short, quick passes, which suits him.

I also think he looks a little bit stronger. I always thought he would bulk up a bit as he got older, but last couple of months there seems to have been a marked change in his physique.

We really need to hang on to him if we can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

He was always good at keeping the ball. What has changed is that the other players around him are looking for short, quick passes, which suits him.

I also think he looks a little bit stronger. I always thought he would bulk up a bit as he got older, but last couple of months there seems to have been a marked change in his physique.

Alisha is giving Doug a lot more exercise. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Is there still anyone left who doesn't think he has it in his locker?

You won’t see them for the next few days. Maybe if he has a bad game at the weekend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Dougie is bloody brilliant. I really like him playing as a number 8 in Gerrard's system. Thought he looked better when Axel came on yesterday and he had more freedom to go forward. Though he was excellent before that still. 

Edited by PieFacE

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He seems to really enjoy " Samba " and flowing football. It's where he thrives.

Still see him as an all round footballer.

I think the bloke is even capable of playing in a creator role behind the forward line!

FTFY.

He's just got an understanding of the game which means he can most probably play anywhere.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

absolutely agree. I've always rated him and think we should move mountains to keep him around. will only become better and better imo and he's still very young.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

A Rolls Royce and only 23.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s just a quality player and still so young.  We really need to get that new contract sorted.

It's actually difficult for me to remember this, as he seems to have been around for ages!

• Like 1

He’s been decent but if Marv was fit then he’d be the one of the three CMs that I’d drop. I don’t think his performances justify a lot of the hype on here and McGinn and Ramsey have both outperformed him 

Â