Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

It's a compliment to him that the best manager in the game changed his system in the second half in order to put men closer to him. 

He was brilliant in the first half, the best midfielder on a pitch that had Kante and Jorginho on it. His passing, his defensive work, his positioning, bits of skill; he was terrific. They put a man on him in the second half and it took us a little while to adjust and find other ways out.

This system with three deep midfielders, none of which is really a holder, but all of whom have to do their bit really suits him, he can pick the ball up deep but move forward with it when he needs to and with two number tens he can get involved in slick, quick, imaginative passing in tight areas - he's so, so good at taking a ball in a deep midfield position and moving it on; he has the ability to play the simple ball or the extravagant ball, to change the direction quickly with his balance, to play a trick with his quick feet, he has so many options - he's really, really difficult to close down.

McGinn is probably our best player - Luiz is our best footballer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a compliment to him that the best manager in the game changed his system in the second half in order to put men closer to him. 

He was off today with covid mate, it was Beale and McAllister.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He was off today with covid mate, it was Beale and McAllister.

you think he was sat at home in front of the telly with his trotters up and a can in hand?

they said pre game he was going to be in contact with the dugout

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

you think he was sat at home in front of the telly with his trotters up and a can in hand?

they said pre game he was going to be in contact with the dugout

It was just a joke - I assume when he said ‘best manager in the world’ he actually meant Tuchel.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

It was just a joke - I assume when he said ‘best manager in the world’ he actually meant Tuchel.

was obvious when i re read it...soz, had a couple of whiskeys during the game!

Â