Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

11 hours ago, TRO said:

both just recycle the ball for me.

Thats your opinion, just like the ones fretting, he was going back to Man City...when there was no chance,imv, which was proved right, with the clause elapsing without a whimper.

Dougie has a nice, tidy style, granted....but overrated on here for me.....easy on the eye, decent passer, particularly when there is no pressing, not sure what affect he has...but hey ho...not great in duels or under pressure.

A guy close to me in the ground said, "I just don't see what folk see in him" I said "I thought it was just me"

The tragedy for me is, I think he is an ok footballer, never a CDM.....but not as good as many maintain on here.....but I can only appraise him as a no6.

My question to you is.......If we bring in a quality CDM which many fans have been calling for, where does Dougie Play?.....further up field or does he lose his place?

DCM is a priority imo. If Luiz pays further up field he needs to get amongst the goals and provide more assist from open play. Something McGinn dpes and Ramsey has started doing. 

Edited by PaulC

3 hours ago, tinker said:

To a certain extent you see what you want to see in players (boxers as well). For me I have to agree with Tro, Dougie's a decent player but has found his level and thats mid table. Hes decent at everything but not exceptional in anything. He also has a tendency to over commit in our box . Looks very tidy when there's no pressure on the ball. 

Emi aside you could say that about the whole team.

10 minutes ago, villanmac said:

As I've said for yonks, if he was Dougie Lewis from Wales and didn't have a haircut it would have been "hes too weak, too shite we need better"

Spot on mate, been saying the same myself for ages. He’s a bang average player who thinks he’s better than what he is. We are more than his level imo.

5 minutes ago, WHY said:

Spot on mate, been saying the same myself for ages. He’s a bang average player who thinks he’s better than what he is. We are more than his level imo.

He's not like. He's got it all. He's got the technique the engine the passing range the touch the cuteness.

We've seen him having absolute stormers against better opposition

...but again he does have this casualness where he drifts through games.

The world is his oyster but he's got to sort out his mentality to me. He's not ruthless. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's not like. He's got it all. He's got the technique the engine the passing range the touch the cuteness.

We've seen him having absolute stormers against better opposition

...but again he does have this casualness where he drifts through games.

The world is his oyster but he's got to sort out his mentality to me. He's not ruthless. 

His below average performances far outweigh his "stormers".  Over rated imo.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Never a DM.

Not sure how many times this needs to be said for people to accept that fact.

Might wanna tell more or less every coach he's had in that case.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Not sure I've ever seen him have a worse game for us as today 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Never a DM.

Not sure how many times this needs to be said for people to accept that fact.

It was not his worst. He was poor defensively but his distribution was pretty good. Don't overlook his involvement in the 1-2 with Buendia that led up to the goal.

Is he a pure DM? No, I agree. But who else do we have until Naka is fit? McGinn isn't a pure DM, Sanson isn't a pure DM, Ramsey isn't a DM at all. Would you try Tuanzebe in midfield? We tried it once late in the match, and I wasn't impressed.

For me, the top two priorities are upgrading Targett and getting another DM, whether as the starter (with Naka as cover) or as a backup to Naka. This would allow us to push Dougie forward. Let McGinn, Ramsey, Dougie, Sanson, and Chuk fight for the other two MF spots. Dougie would be one of my choices; tough call for the other one. Ramsey and Chuk could also play in the forward line.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I dont know what he offers. I really don't!  If someone comes in with a £25 million bid I'd sell him

He distributes and passes pretty well and, while not good enough to be the primary DM, still can defend. In a 3 man midfield system with someone else as the pure DM, he fits in pretty well.

• Like 1

He simply doesn’t have enough pace for the league. People argue all day long about whether his best position is as an 8 or as a 6 but he’s not good enough in either because of lack of pace.

im marginally in the camp of preferring him as a 6 since pace is less needed in that role and it’s the position he’s shown most consistent form in (in the 2020 post lockdown period). But if naka were fit luiz wouldn’t get in my team 

Â