Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Lots of bangs on comments here which is unusual. I think we need to find a way of accommodating him, I think two up front would suit him better too (I am undecided about 5 at the back as we lose a little in attack, especially as I am not sure we should rely so heavily on Konsa and House).

For me though, his nonchalant chip over Chilwell's head in that Leicester game where we exhibited 60 seconds of 'total football' will remain one of my favourite moments!

11 hours ago, thunderball said:

For me though, his nonchalant chip over Chilwell's head in that Leicester game where we exhibited 60 seconds of 'total football' will remain one of my favourite moments!

Someone mentioned that while Nakamba makes a lot of tackles, some poster keeps banging on about his stats, they ricochet and his teammates should be there for the loose ball. I think Luiz needs to concentrate more on this for those 2 to work in midfield. We need more industry and less samba right now as pleasant as it is to watch

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't see the game so can't comment on his performance, but that pass for Grealish's goal is absolutely superb.

it was a good pass but Grealish made it even better, he timed it perfectly when to take it away from the defender

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The move doesn't happen without either of them being on the same wavelength. 

That's why Luiz needs to start every week, he is the only one fit and capable of consistently finding Grealish in space. 

Completely agree ... He is the one player I’d persevere with as his potential is huge and he has all the attributes to develop further into a top tier player. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Completely agree ... He is the one player I’d persevere with as his potential is huge for and he has all the attributes to develop further into a top tier player. 

Pep likes this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I haven't really seen enough to think he'll be a 'top tier' player to be honest. I think he'll mature into a good top flight player, he has some good qualities but lacks consistency and at times, really lacks awareness of what is going on around him.

He does, but you’ll get that over time. He’s not a defensive midfielder (or shouldn’t be!), but he times the interception for the goal really well too. However, he’s been caught when going backwards too often. 
In a central mid role, and looking forwards, I think he’ll be a player. Not “top tier” but a level or two above where we are right now.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

He does, but you’ll get that over time. He’s not a defensive midfielder (or shouldn’t be!), but he times the interception for the goal really well too. However, he’s been caught when going backwards too often. 
In a central mid role, and looking forwards, I think he’ll be a player. Not “top tier” but a level or two above where we are right now.

Yes I do think there's been a struggle to find the best position for him. At Girona I believe he was protecting the defence and even played in defence at times. Here he has been in front of defence and then as more of a conventional midfielder. It doesn't help development and consistency if you don't really know 100% what your position is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Or evidence we need to stick by him and find the right solution to keeping him and Grealish in the same team. 

Don't play in double pivot with Nakamba yet still play Nakamba at DM

Â