Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 22/01/2020 at 13:20, Philosopher said:

His changed the the last two matches after coming on with a sublime pass and a solid finish, but in the match yesterday we kept possession better when Drinkwater was on. He needs to improve his decision making and concentration in order to excel in his position.

I think Drinkwater was brought in partly for Luiz' benefit. As they are similar players (deep lying playmakers). Drinkwater is a good example to learn from for Luiz. 

It's where having an experienced striker to give Wes a break would have helped.  It doesn't really help young players if they keep getting picked when things arent going well for them. 

Looking at his statistics for this season, they're quite sound. For every 90 minutes on field he averages 2 shots, 0.66 shots on target, over 0.25 goals or assists, 1.5 fouls drawn, over 0.5 key passes, over 4 passes into the final third, 0.8 passes into the 18yard box, 82% pass completion, 1 successful dribble,1.5 successful tackles and 1 interception.

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's where having an experienced striker to give Wes a break would have helped.  It doesn't really help young players if they keep getting picked when things arent going well for them. 

I agree, which makes it more imperative that the fans get behind them.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Epic celebration. He's a talented guy and a natural entertainer. 

I get why he isn't everybody's cup of tea yet and I appreciate why he isn't starting games right now. But I just love watching him play, he get's me off my arse. 

I like him much better coming on as impact sub. Was critical before for his switching off 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tinker said:

He's going to be a great player, has everything in his game apart from PL experience. Drinkwaters arrival will take some pressure of him and Nakamba. 

He really doesn’t have everything. He’s poor in the air, weak, can’t tackle and makes mistakes. 

I’ll rewrite it. 

He has the potential to be a good player. He’s shown he can score a few, he has a decent range of passing and looks technically sound.  A bit more experience in this league will help him a lot. Drinkwaters arrival will take some pressure off him and Nakamba. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He really doesn’t have everything. He’s poor in the air, weak, can’t tackle and makes mistakes. 

I’ll rewrite it. 

He has the potential to be a good player. He’s shown he can score a few, he has a decent range of passing and looks technically sound.  A bit more experience in this league will help him a lot. Drinkwaters arrival will take some pressure off him and Nakamba. 

Thanks for that ,.makes me wonder why we all post on here when we can all just sit back and be educated by your views 😘

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Definitely want him to work on aerial stuff, only wins about 40% of his headers/aerial duels.

Weakness I haven’t often seen him shrugged off the ball but I’d also expect this at 21 - definitely he should continue to improve this.

Can’t tackle - he wins more than he loses. 60% according to the stats.

Agree with you there is room for improvement on everything though. Lots of promise though, he’s going to be a very good player. For now if he keeps coming off the bench to get goals and assists that’ll do me.

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Epic celebration. He's a talented guy and a natural entertainer. 

I get why he isn't everybody's cup of tea yet and I appreciate why he isn't starting games right now. But I just love watching him play, he get's me off my arse. 

‪That’s what you call bonding with the fans, he just couldn’t contain himself. IMO he desperately wants to be part of the Villa family, not just a body in the shirt.

He’s young, far from home and away from Bodymoor is probably quite isolated now Wes is in Brazil.

Make him feel loved & he’ll run through walls for this team, a key player in the making as he matures and develops. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ll rewrite it. 

Yeah we should have just bought one of those players that doesn’t make mistakes

• Like 1

Â