Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

25 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Does seem more effective coming on as an impact sub 

Just like Jack during his age 20 & 21 season in the prem.  I vividly remember Jack coming on against Hull, with Bruce as the manager, and closing out the game for us.  I sometimes go back and watch the highlights from that match just to see Hull utterly fail to get the ball off him(he was so tiny back then).

Douglas seems to be at the same stage in his career.  He can't yet maintain a consistent effort for 90 minutes but put him on for 30-40 minutes and watch him wreck havoc. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

This kid is 21 in his first season in England in which Brazilians can struggle in this league.

Let that sink in. 

He is learning and adapting so so much and will only improve. His strength is his biggest weakness at the moment.

He is going to be World Class player. Imagine him in 3 years time at the age of 24. 

He is going to be a very very good player, he can pass and he can finish, and is just so classy on the ball, and he is only 21 let's remember that.

I want him to start in the league cup, and unless he can impress the same as the two last matches, i want him as an impact sub the next couple of games in PL. I don`t think he is ready to start matches, but my god how god isen`t he when he comes on for 35-30 min against semi-tired legs

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We're gonna be laughing at 15m in a couple of years...until City buy him back for 35 😥

Can't wait for Douglas's thread to come full circle and it's nothing but post about his buyback clause come the end of the season. true detective circle GIF

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Dives straight into the crowd no messing about. Havent seen that in a while :) Fair play son.

I'm always terrified that taking such an avoidable booking comes back to bite us on the arse later in the game but after the final whistle I love it.  Seemed to be a reaction to Deeney's celebration to me which made it better.  I think he deserved to lose his place and has reacted really well to it, if he comes on when the oppo are a bit more tired he gets more time on the ball and less likely to get dispossessed in damaging areas.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Deeney's celebration to me which made it better.  

I thought that wide arm strutting was aimed at Deeney, was very comical. 

• Like 2

Â