Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

As was said after the Leicester goal the other week, he is always willing to get on the ball. You could see it as soon as he came on. He wants to take responsibility and I think that’s reflected in his celebrations: it looks like he really gives a sh*t

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s probably true but then Drinkwater is even further from being a starter. We could do with another midfielder.

McGinn? When all are matchfit it will be a selection choice between McGinn, Luiz and Drinkwater for that position. 

Edited by LondonLax

On 12/01/2020 at 12:06, rodders0223 said:

Gutless turd of a footballer. Weak as piss.

Not looking to pick on you, here, Rodders - there were a couple of pages of people saying this sort of thing and I could have quoted any of them - but curious if his performances/passion in the last couple of games are changing some minds on this stuff? I think he is one who really looks like he cares. Still developing, still learning, but I think the passion is there. 

• Like 1

DS said he hasn’t started him because his fitness isn’t where he wants it to be. And that Drinkwater was only subbed because it ‘wasn’t his game’.

I find this rhetoric about fitness strange. Is it a euphemism?

Like Kodj not being fit actually meant: ‘I don’t like him because he’s lazy’.

Luiz not being fit means ‘he makes mistakes and I want to make his desperate to get into the team’

It not being Drinkwater’s game means ‘He is clearly gassed but I don’t want to say’ 

This kid is 21 in his first season in England in which Brazilians can struggle in this league.

Let that sink in. 

He is learning and adapting so so much and will only improve. His strength is his biggest weakness at the moment.

He is going to be World Class player. Imagine him in 3 years time at the age of 24. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

DS said he hasn’t started him because his fitness isn’t where he wants it to be. And that Drinkwater was only subbed because it ‘wasn’t his game’.

I find this rhetoric about fitness strange. Is it a euphemism?

Like Kodj not being fit actually meant: ‘I don’t like him because he’s lazy’.

Luiz not being fit means ‘he makes mistakes and I want to make his desperate to get into the team’

It not being Drinkwater’s game means ‘He is clearly gassed but I don’t want to say’ 

Perhaps but then again I doubt he would ever come out and say publicly that he should have started Luiz. Think it's a bit of saving face and not throwing Drinkwater under the bus.

Â