Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Posted (edited)

Called up to the Brazil team for Copa America, no Joelinton due to injury so he may get quite a lot playing time but I believe the favoured midfield lately was Guimares-Gomes-Paqueta.

• Midfielders: Andreas Pereira (Fulham), Bruno Guimarães (Newcastle), Douglas Luiz (Aston Villa), João Gomes (Wolverhampton) and Lucas Paquetá (West Ham);

Kinda funny for Brazil entire midfield to be from what most would consider midtable Premier League teams 😅

Edited by Alakagom
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Called up to the Brazil team for Copa America, no Joelinton due to injury so he may get quite a lot playing time but I believe the favoured midfield lately was Guimares-Gomes-Paqueta.

• Midfielders: Andreas Pereira (Fulham), Bruno Guimarães (Newcastle), Douglas Luiz (Aston Villa), João Gomes (Wolverhampton) and Lucas Paquetá (West Ham);

Kinda funny for Brazil entire midfield to be from what most would consider midtable Premier League teams 😅

At least four of those midfielders have been linked with teams higher up the table. Maybe five, but I've not seen anything about Pereira.

19 hours ago, villan95 said:

Not reactionary as I've thought it for a while but if we do need to generate funds then he's the one to go for me. We have Tielemans that can do the things he does and is also more accomplished in some areas.

Cannot disagree more, the guy is class. He’s knackered after a long season but was superb at the start and middle of the season and only recently has his formed dipped.  Unai’s go to man as well, can’t see him going anywhere.

21 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

What is his favoured position?

Clearly his best football has been playing alongside Kamara.  I genuinely don't think I'd swap those two for any midfield pair.  We need to balance the squad out a bit with another player like Kamara so Doug doesn't have to do it while Boubs is injured.  Doug just hasn't really had any time off, bar the 2 week suspension and we need to learn from this year and keep him fresh for next season's run in by rotating him with Tielemans and McGinn.  Get Kamara fit and another DM then I think we can challenge on all fronts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunnski said:

Terrible again. Barely even noticed him all game but nothing new there. 

I'd argue he was involved, but he was quite poor. I said only a few days ago, I think he's had his head turned, because he's really dropped off recently, and not just since Kamara got injured. It's frustrating because he's much better than his recent performances suggest.

I thought he was ok last night but was outshone by tielemans in the first half. My main problem with Dougie is that he’s not aggressive enough in showing for the ball in the build up which is why the game sometimes passes him by, particularly when we’re under pressure. Tielemans was exemplary in that respect last night and was regularly looking to take the ball off the CDs and Martinez despite not naturally being a double pivot player 

he is a very good player, no doubt, but tbh i would try and get 80-100m for him in the summer, if someone would pay it.

Im not saying i want him to go or think he isnt good enough for us, he is, but a 80-100m income for one player would let Emery bring in 2-3 absolutely top quality players on top of our normal budget.

• Like 1

Needs a rest. Unless there's an obvious, cheapish replacement and there's a club offering crazy money we'd be mad to sell.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Needs a rest. Unless there's an obvious, cheapish replacement and there's a club offering crazy money we'd be mad to sell.

This is where I'm at. Although part of me does wonder if he's been sold a dream by his agent that some super club like Madrid or PSG want him this summer. 

I thought he was much better last night, both him and McGinn were with Youri back in the side. Our issues last night were in defence the midfield and forward line looked more like themselves in all fairness. 

11 hours ago, Bunnski said:

Terrible again. Barely even noticed him all game but nothing new there. 

I thought he played some lovely throughballs, the one for the disallowed Ollie goal was inch perfect. Diaby needs to learn to play it like that when he gets in those sort of positions.

Him and McGinn also ratted around Liverpool well in the first half, it really helped them knowing Tielemans was around them.

• Like 1

Â