Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

He's had a bad few weeks and had a very bad game tonight.

That's all there is to it.

He'll come back to form and will hopefully be hell bent on rectifying the situation in the second leg.

• Like 4

Soon as he did that stupid stutter run up we said around us he’ll miss it, at least hit the target, been poor for a few weeks now, we so miss kamara in the middle with him 

The drop off in form is strange, 50% it's injuries around him and playing out of position and 50% a sudden inexplicable loss in confidence. Still love him, but he is having a negative impact on the team right now.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

His worst game in a Villa shirt 

his head had completely gone by the end

In fairness, as gutted and nervy as we are just as fans, you can only imagine how shite he feels after tonight, and will have felt during the game 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Bloke slotted the winning penalty in the QFs, as well as all the other ones he's taken before today. Not sure I'd call him a bottler.

Not just basing it on him missing that peno, his all round play has been embarrassing for way too long. Anyway I think he's not up to it others are welcome to disagree

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

His worst game in a Villa shirt 

his head had completely gone by the end

Yeah, was not good at all. 

We wouldn’t be in 4th or the semis of a European competition if it wasn’t for Luiz. He’s been one of our best players this season, a bad game won’t change that.

He was poor, but calling him a bottler for slightly missing a penalty after some significant gamesmanship and with his record... It absolutely beggars belief

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Why didn't he just bang it in the middle of the goal, high stakes no dramas just bang it in the middle, it usually works

Edited by supermon

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, as gutted and nervy as we are just as fans, you can only imagine how shite he feels after tonight, and will have felt during the game 

He **** should feel bad. He was dogshit

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wouldn't shock me if his dip in form is related to the summer. Maybe he is leaving.

Also he does miss Kamara

Doesn't shock me that someone would ay such a ridiculous thing either.

Yes, his form has dipped and yes, he may leave in the summer, but let's put the pitch forks away ffs.

Posted (edited)

Was poor tonight, what I will say though all credit to Olympiacos, best drilled team I’ve seen at VP this season. Pressed midfield so well cutting out Dougies time on the ball

Edited by mikeyp102

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We wouldn’t be in 4th or the semis of a European competition if it wasn’t for Luiz. He’s been one of our best players this season, a bad game won’t change that.

Has he? The first few months of it maybe. He hasn't been at the races for a loooong time now. The season is 38 league games, plus.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Not just basing it on him missing that peno, his all round play has been embarrassing for way too long. Anyway I think he's not up to it others are welcome to disagree

Has it ? It’s been an iffy few months. The first half of the season he was sheer class - tapered off massively no doubt but easy to forget how good he’s been for us after the debacle of his performance tonight. He needs the summer to rest and reset and either get sold or knuckle down fresh for next season. I think we can sell him and not suffer too much if we invest wisely or we keep him and have a class player moving into his prime years. 

Edited by thabucks

Â