Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I fail to see 'lots of potential' and have a lot of reservations about his ability to deliver quality into the box anywhere consistently enough but he's streets ahead of the likes of Tonev.

So far I just see him as useful, decent pace, puts in a good shift, seemingly has a bit of an eye for goal but lets him self down too often when he gets the ball near the edge of the box.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I fail to see 'lots of potential' and have a lot of reservations about his ability to deliver quality into the box anywhere consistently enough but he's streets ahead of the likes of Tonev.

So far I just see him as useful, decent pace, puts in a good shift, seemingly has a bit of an eye for goal but lets him self down too often when he gets the ball near the edge of the box.

Thankfully, composure can be both taught and learned (see: Raheem Sterling). He will only get better.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So if he does get better in the final third and improve his decision making, he'll be a lot better, right? Isn't that potential?

20 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Potential means that he could and might, rather than will, surely?

I think that's a simplistic way of thinking about it. In sports it's more of a latent thing that varies across individual. I personally don't think Trezeguet's potential is that high, some players just aren't that good and don't improve much.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Fair assessment. I’m glad you mentioned the bold part. Hope we can all put that ridiculous comparison to bed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Works hard, even wins more than his fair share of headers.  Smacked the post, had a goal disallowed.

But for some reason I just don’t feel like he’s going to do anything when he’s got the ball.

it doesn’t make any sense, I know.  

Don't understand all the hate for him, let's not forget it took Ghazi 6 odd months to get up to speed in the championship, this guy is having to get up to speed in the Premiership.

He looks like he has quality, for me looks like he just needs time.

• Like 4

He was decent today. Seems to rush everything though. His body moves too fast for his brain, or vice versa, I can't tell yet. El Ghazi is better than him at the moment. Everything is silky smooth and purposeful for him. When Trezeguet is on the ball, I can't tell what he's going to do next and sometimes I don't think he can either.

Another one of those games for Trez where he's a hard worker, but ultimately doesn't contrubute a whole lot. He does seem to showcasing that he has a crackign shot more often though.

To be frank, I don't think he has that much of a footballing brain. Everything is so direct and simple with him and at this level you can't do that unless you have insane levels of pace. There was no guile or trickery with him a lot of the time, he's just a runner who runs with balls and at balls and hopes for the best. Can't ever expect him to beat his man unless he gets a bit lucky.

El Ghazi is like the opposite of him bigger, stronger than Trez and around similarly fast, better finisher, more guile, more precision and trickery but lacks the hard work that Trez has and as a result is more inconsistent than him. But still, and on form El Ghazi is vastly superior to what I've seen from the best of Trez.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Â