Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He needs to get more involved. For about 40 minutes in the first half I forgot he was on the pitch. Fair play for the goal though. I like him and think he will keep improving but at the moment I can’t wait for El Ghazi to come back. 

I thought that too, for a moment, but then I realised something. Most of our play starts from the left with Mings and the ploy is to get Grealish on the ball as much as possible so with him playing out wide left that's where the ball was going. However, Jack was having no joy - especially with the leniency from the ref - so he drifted over and when Trez scored they were in opposite areas to where they started the game. 

Trez was in the centre forward position to score and its very commendable of the effort on his part that he does get around the pitch a lot. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I thought that too, for a moment, but then I realised something. Most of our play starts from the left with Mings and the ploy is to get Grealish on the ball as much as possible so with him playing out wide left that's where the ball was going. However, Jack was having no joy - especially with the leniency from the ref - so he drifted over and when Trez scored they were in opposite areas to where they started the game. 

Trez was in the centre forward position to score and its very commendable of the effort on his part that he does get around the pitch a lot. 

I think he needs to work on his pace and strength a bit. He has a lot of ability but lacks that yard of pace at times. I think he is one of those players that is very much a work in progress in this league. As are a few of them to be fair. He will get better but I don’t think we’ll see the best of him until next season.

I like trez same as i like wes. But like wes i’m not sure he is going to cut it long term, perhaps, i’m not sure. Got to say i much prefer el gazi. El gazi is calmer on the ball, has better strength, spots and makes better passes has better positional play and far better technique shooting. We look a better team when anwar is playing. Trez and wes both have the unfortunate habit of looking out of control a lot of the time when they have the ball, clumsy.

4 minutes ago, honest_bertie said:

I like trez same as i like wes. But like wes i’m not sure he is going to cut it long term, perhaps, i’m not sure. Got to say i much prefer el gazi. El gazi is calmer on the ball, has better strength, spots and makes better passes has better positional play and far better technique shooting. We look a better team when anwar is playing. Trez and wes both have the unfortunate habit of looking out of control a lot of the time when they have the ball, clumsy.

To be fair El Ghazi has had a year in this league. He really struggled when he first started. I think it takes a while to get up to speed with the speed and physical nature of this league. 

Wes I worry about. I like him but I’m not seeing that spark you see from a player that will really push on. 

I'm warming to him, his effort was never in doubt, but he's showing he can get into good positions in the box and score goals. I'm still not massive happy with his delivery into the box and some things he does on the ball but he's certainly a useful player to have. Whilst El Ghazi shouild be starting over him almost all the time when fit, Trezeguet is a good option to have.

I was under the impression he was lightening fast ? Not sure where the pace has gone but I very rarely see him taking a player on ? 

Great record over the last 4 or 5 games but just taking a player on helps the whole team, it makes them think twice about bombing  forwards 

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

I was under the impression he was lightening fast ? Not sure where the pace has gone but I very rarely see him taking a player on ? 

Great record over the last 4 or 5 games but just taking a player on helps the whole team, it makes them think twice about bombing  forwards 

Keep in mind fullbacks in the modern game are lightning fast as well. 

I'd love to see him replace Wesley up front. If anything try it out until we get in a striker in January. It's an absolutely obvious move to make. 

• Like 1

He frustrates me, you can't fault his work rate he really does give everything. I felt after a shaky start I was warming to him but after last nights game I've swung the other way really not sure he is going to cut it, AEG is a much more polished winger if we want to see Jack back in his best position we need a much better left sided forward than Trez

• Like 1

I don't know what to think about this guy. I mean he works hard, really hard, perhaps a bit too hard, he's good at coming into scoring positions and has started to score quite frequently, 3 in 4, and had a great shot that hit the bar against manure. But on the other hand sometimes he can't shoot better than a 10 year old, can't handle the easiest pass to his feet. There were two quite typical sequences yesterday: One time in the first half he got an easy pass that he couldn't control, it was like he had 10 thoughts about what to do with the ball and couldn't decide what to do, and just when you thought he'd lost it his feet started to move and he got a couple of yards away from the defender with the ball at his feet. And then in the 2nd half Luiz got quite annoyed when he passed Trez a rather easy pass to his feet and it just rolled over/under his feet and out to a throw.

One of the rawest players I've ever seen. 

I can only find one thing that pisses me off about him, not that he's good at everything cause he isn't, but the only thing that genuinly annoys me is his habit of theatrically going down for fouls. He had one when breaking through against Chelsea and not only is it embarrassing, but due to VAR it's rather pointless. Grow a pair. 

He's got a few goals and gives everything but other than that he looks like a headless chicken and seems to put himself under a lot of unnecessary pressure. Hopefully his general play improves because atm I don't want him starting.

Â