Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

DS won't change his formation. We know this so why keep asking for it?

They aren't formation changes per say they are just variations. 4-2-3-1 is just 4-3-3 with 2 defensive midfielders and the wingers are narrower for example. Everything suggested stillivolves 433 just implemented in different ways. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Not change his formation, but bring Jack back to the #8 and play Trez in his position. Same formation, different personnel. 

We got away with it in the Championship.

In this league you need proper CM's

• Like 1

On 03/11/2019 at 13:53, sir_gary_cahill said:

How do you drop either of them after that performance?

You call them into the office and say "Jack Grealish is now fit.  You're dropped" 

That should do it 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Nope do not move Jack. One goal off a set piece does not excuse the 8 or so mediocre matches Trez has had for us. Moving Jack to wing got us wins, and we'd be stupid to move him back centrally where we struggled defensively. 

Have Trez as an option off the bench and pushing El Ghazi for a starting spot is great. But we cannot force him into the team. 

We would be fine defensively with Jack in the middle if mcginn sat deeper so we had link up play in the middle of the park and he could actually get back.

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . but then we'd be toothless up top.

I'm not saying he shouldn't attack I'm saying he shouldn't be playing upfront and giving our other midfielders no options. He has been doing it less as the season progresses and didn't do it at all against Norwich. 

17 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Wesley is the man, others will probably disagree but I think he will be excellent for us 

I'm not really disagreeing SGC. Wesley is our best option up top (at least for now). But we need to get men close to him for him to be effective, and that was what we weren't doing so well when Grealish was in central midfield. 

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

"no potential" they say......

Just goes to show highlight reels can be selectively edited to make someone look amazing without translating to goal and assist threat

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just goes to show highlight reels can be selectively edited to make someone look amazing without translating to goal and assist threat

Let’s hope it doesn’t stay on the same shelf as Adama’s highlight reel.

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We could make Gabby look like one of the best strikers in the history of football in a montage of his goals and 'skills'.

On 04/11/2019 at 18:53, Czechlad said:

Nope do not move Jack. One goal off a set piece does not excuse the 8 or so mediocre matches Trez has had for us. Moving Jack to wing got us wins, and we'd be stupid to move him back centrally where we struggled defensively. 

Have Trez as an option off the bench and pushing El Ghazi for a starting spot is great. But we cannot force him into the team. 

In the long term Jack is mixture of primarily a 10 who can defend like a number 8. The current wide position is more of a temporary solution as our wingers have been underperforming and we are still trying to establish a style of play and make the team a cohesive unit. 

For me Trezguet is our best winger (because Jack is not a proper winger imo). He has struggled with his final ball / finish, which I feel was more about nerves. He first touch is bettered only by Jack, his pace is the best and his dribbling is bettered only by Jack. For me he should be picked ahead of El Ghazi and Jota everytime, it's only a matter of time before his end product eclipses El Ghazi. 

6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

In the long term Jack is mixture of primarily a 10 who can defend like a number 8. The current wide position is more of a temporary solution as our wingers have been underperforming and we are still trying to establish a style of play and make the team a cohesive unit. 

For me Trezguet is our best winger (because Jack is not a proper winger imo). He has struggled with his final ball / finish, which I feel was more about nerves. He first touch is bettered only by Jack, his pace is the best and his dribbling is bettered only by Jack. For me he should be picked ahead of El Ghazi and Jota everytime, it's only a matter of time before his end product eclipses El Ghazi. 

First of all el ghazi is way quicker than trez the only player in our squad who might be quicker is guilbert. It is funny how you mentioned confidence because el ghazi is clearly lacking it right now as he isn't really attempting to take players on. On top of that el ghazi has better end product and is a threat from outside the box which is important as it forces players out of position trez simply isn't. Finally el ghazi is a year younger 4 inches taller and only weighs a little bit less than wes. If Ghazi can learn to use his strength better and be a little more effective in the air el ghazi would be among the best players in the prem. For me this is far less of a stretch than trez suddenly developing finishing ability and the ability to score long shots on top of all the crossing he needs to learn.

I think both can be good premier league wingers but el ghazi is better at the moment and simply put has far more potential in the long run. 

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

First of all el ghazi is way quicker than trez the only player in our squad who might be quicker is guilbert. It is funny how you mentioned confidence because el ghazi is clearly lacking it right now as he isn't really attempting to take players on. On top of that el ghazi has better end product and is a threat from outside the box which is important as it forces players out of position trez simply isn't. Finally el ghazi is a year younger 4 inches taller and only weighs a little bit less than wes. If Ghazi can learn to use his strength better and be a little more effective in the air el ghazi would be among the best players in the prem. For me this is far less of a stretch than trez suddenly developing finishing ability and the ability to score long shots on top of all the crossing he needs to learn.

I think both can be good premier league wingers but el ghazi is better at the moment and simply put has far more potential in the long run. 

Trezguet is way quicker than El Ghazi. El Ghazi is poor with his head and lacks the bravery too. As for end product it only comes occasionally it's not like he producing every game. At least with Trezguet he always works his sock off, and provides an outlet. I said Nerves not confidence.

El Ghazi came through the famed Ajax academy and then went to lille who have a reputation for developing players. Both clubs allowed him to leave for not much money. El Ghazi needs to find a consistent level of performance.

I like El Ghazi but I rate Trezguet higher. As for the size it doesn't matter if you aren't using it, and as a winger pace and agility are more effective.

Â