Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I just don't see it with Trez. Works hard, but is pretty awful as soon as the ball is at his feet. Really want him to do well, but at 25 I feel there's only so much development that can be achieved with him.

Why do you think that? I see a lot of potential with him, 25 is still young even for a footballer in my opinion 

I feel really sorry for him today. If Jack had moved a little quicker to get on-side and then Trez's first would have counted. He smacked the bar with De Gea left bemused and, then, Mings smashed in a volleyed equaliser when Trez was just about to smash in a volley himself. 

He could easily have had a hat-trick today and he had a really good game once he came on. 

• Like 1

Lol at somebody comparing him to Tonev. Ridiculous. Trezeguet may have had an up and down start to his Villa career, but I ain't having that! He did more in 5 SECONDS today than Tonev did in however many (too many) games he played for the club. 

He has *something*, he will get you a few goals and assists, but he really is dreadful in the defensive phase. Has probably never had to do it before, he has always been too good for his competition I imagine. 

This will probably be the biggest club he ever plays at, but if he can sort out his defence and bulk up a bit he will do OK. 

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I just don't see it with Trez. Works hard, but is pretty awful as soon as the ball is at his feet. Really want him to do well, but at 25 I feel there's only so much development that can be achieved with him.

He’s the Egyptian Brett Holman. Works hard, but is a headless chicken and makes terrible decisions with the ball. Badly need to spend to bring in Benrahma or another quality winger/wide player this January. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, momo said:

Well so much criticism. He worked hard, played well.

If Grealish wasn't so slow ;), he would have had a goal, an assist or both.

I know, right.

I dont think he's great by any means, but is now adding goals to his game which is so important for us this season if Wes isn't to get more than 10-12.

He'd have 3 in 4 in the PL if Grealish's leg was half a yard the other way.

From the highlights he looked extremely dangerous and that shot off the bar would have been goal of the season as De Gea looked well beaten. 

Seems to be more dangerous in short bursts at the moment but is improving

I like Trez, I think by the end of the season we’ll see an even better player. He’s got fitter recently, and is really learning the English game. 

Isn't it nice to see us having a good scouting network and good coaching staff. Talented players are identified and then developed to improvement. 

• Like 3

I think its very difficult to tell whether a player will get better, else we would all be scouts.

I guess we can look at Traore and see how he has developed, when many of us saw nothing but pace....he is now a real threat.

Trez and Wes need this season.....we may see the players, we wanted next season.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2019 at 01:27, KMitch said:

He’s the Egyptian Brett Holman. Works hard, but is a headless chicken and makes terrible decisions with the ball. Badly need to spend to bring in Benrahma or another quality winger/wide player this January. 

brett holman??? :lol: trezeguet has more skill in his weak foot than holman had in both combined.

i don't get the criticism. i think he's been fine, especially considering the step up in opposition he's used to facing.

Edited by abdomlahor

Personally I wanna see him have a bit more composure on the ball. 

The big difference for me between Trez and El Ghazi is that El Ghazi I expect to keep possession. Trez feels so incredibly raw with the ball at his feet. And keeping possession is essential for us. 

• Like 1

He's an odd one to try and pin a style down on. 

He's very direct, yet he has moments of skill and vision that don't really fit in with his general style of play.  

His control is very good, particularly when chesting, where he always takes the ball down, opposite of where the defender is coming from.. It's really smart.

He runs around LOADS, often at full pace. 

His shot against he bar on Saturday was a quality strike.. completely difference to what I'd seen in his opening 10 or so games where he seemingly couldn't get much power or direction on his shots.  Hopefully now he's scored a few, that'll calm him down a bit and he'll strike the ball sweeter. 

I really like him, but like most of our players (bar Jack..) I just wish he's calm down a little sometimes and slow the tempo down, it'll help himself not get worn down as fast. 

Considering he's played what?  13 or so games, I think he's made a solid start to his Villa career, and will only get better with time. 

• Like 1

Â