Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Considering he's played what?  13 or so games, I think he's made a solid start to his Villa career, and will only get better with time. 

Exactly this.  New country, club, players and way of living.  Seen enough so far to know he’s no dud.  

3 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

He was a bit unfinished product in the beginning of the season, but now that he has been given some time, he is really showing that he is an asset. Think he will be a star.

He also started pre-season late due to African Nations Cup

Considering we barely got the ball to him in the first half, a goal is a good return, and was always trying to make something happen. Too isolated most of the time, though, feel like SJM and Conor are less inclined to offer close support for the right flank in general.

goal machine, and i love that the goal he scored against Chelsea was exactly the type of goal my 8 year old son might score in his 7-a-side league matches, ball comes in, panics, heads it on to his own knee, ricochets off his legs towards the goal, somehow manages to trickle over the line, celebrates like he's Messi :):):)

in all seriousness, good on him, there was a point where he couldnt score for love nor money, now he has 3 or 4?, they all count, and we need as many as we can get.

Edited by MaVilla

Never thought we would get to the end product with him. I can admit I got him wrong.  Very happy to see him coming good.  

2nd goal we have bundled over the line. Not complaining just shows we really lack that natural finisher.  

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Works very hard. 

Very little understanding of space and timing and positioning and much of anything to be honest.

Wasted the chance to get back in it by not putting Elmo in.

Got subbed off immediately too. That was the final straw for me too, he's so frustrating. Has no idea what he's doing out there. Gets into some great positions, but hasn't a clue what to do after that. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Got subbed off immediately too. That was the final straw for me too, he's so frustrating. Has no idea what he's doing out there. Gets into some great positions, but hasn't a clue what to do after that. 

It's almost like...goals for him and getting his confidence up is almost bad for the team.

The goals are lovely jubbly, but the confidence he gains doesn't calm him down to play more with the team. It just means he shoots and tries to beat his man more often when he should be passing.

That was such a great chance, the players in the box and Elmo on the overlap were fuming.

I'm really pleased with Trez and I think he's going to go on to do really well for us. 

He really tries and works hard, seems to find goalscoring positions each game he plays and, shows the occasional glimpses of flair. He will only get better as he settles and gets used to the league/country etc. 

Â