Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I love the fact that nobody had heard of him when we signed him. We scouted and found a slightly raw but high potential player that should only get better. That to me is so much more exciting than signing an Andros Townsend type for £15m and 65k a week. 

• Like 2

On 04/11/2019 at 19:53, Czechlad said:

Nope do not move Jack. One goal off a set piece does not excuse the 8 or so mediocre matches Trez has had for us. Moving Jack to wing got us wins, and we'd be stupid to move him back centrally where we struggled defensively. 

Have Trez as an option off the bench and pushing El Ghazi for a starting spot is great. But we cannot force him into the team. 

I agree, but against good teams Trez might as well start over El Ghazi. He actually handles tracking back. 

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

El Ghazi has played 53 more minutes than Trez and has more goals and assists, more shots on target 9 vs 6, more chances created 10 vs 7 and more big chances created 3 vs 0. 

Maybe you should add the defensive errors and number of points El Ghazi has cost us? I mean since you were about numbers 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Maybe you should add the defensive errors and number of points El Ghazi has cost us? I mean since you were about numbers 

Do you have a source? Can bring up Liverpool but could do Mings for 3 goals in the 3 previous before that game but I was highlighting attacking intent

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

El Ghazi has played 53 more minutes than Trez and has more goals and assists, more shots on target 9 vs 6, more chances created 10 vs 7 and more big chances created 3 vs 0. 

3 of Trezguet's matches have been Tottenham, Liverpool and Man City El Ghazi played 2 of those and Trezguet out performed him in both. For me El Ghazi is a fair weather player. If the team are playing well and the opposition isn't offering too much then he shines, but when it gets hot in the kitchen he melts!

Plus Trezguet is quicker, better Dribbler (because he has greater agility), and his work rate is only bettered by McGinn.

34 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Plus Trezguet is quicker, better Dribbler (because he has greater agility), and his work rate is only bettered by McGinn.

Trez is not a better dribbler.

El Ghazi is almost Ronaldo-esque when he dribbles (within reason), he is much more agile in a 1v1 against a defender.

He is also smarter on the ball and once he dribbles he is capable of making the correct pass while Trez is likely to lose the ball.

I sometimes feel like Trez is loved more because ElGhazi comes from the Bruce era and was poor in the first half of last season and that's imprinted on people's opinion of him. 

Trez is new, cost a lot of money from a funky league and is called 'Trezeguet'.

I know it's an opinion, but to me ElGhazi is twice the player Trez is based on his coaching from Ajax alone - and that shows in the game. A much smarter player.

Edited by Mic09

47 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Do you have a source? Can bring up Liverpool but could do Mings for 3 goals in the 3 previous before that game but I was highlighting attacking intent

You're talking apples and oranges now. I thought the discussion was Trez or El Ghazi. Mings is utterly irrelevant. 

21 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Trez is not a better dribbler.

El Ghazi is almost Ronaldo-esque when he dribbles (within reason), he is much more agile in a 1v1 against a defender.

He is also smarter on the ball and once he dribbles he is capable of making the correct pass while Trez is likely to lose the ball.

I sometimes feel like Trez is loved more because ElGhazi comes from the Bruce era and was poor in the first half of last season and that's imprinted on people's opinion of him. 

Trez is new, cost a lot of money from a funky league and is called 'Trezeguet'.

I know it's an opinion, but to me ElGhazi is twice the player Trez is based on his coaching from Ajax alone - and that shows in the game. A much smarter player.

Trezguet goes past 2 or 3 players El Ghazi only really goes past players 1 on 1. Ronaldo had searing pace, and as a youngster was very agile. While I like El Ghazi I just think his lack of consistency, and Trezguet's performances against the best teams as a player clearly still trying to adapt, and his work rate make him the better option. El Ghazi for me is a good option and there is (currently) very little in it.

But for me I give Trezguet the spot, particularly against Wolves who rely a lot on their wing backs.

There's obviously a technical debate but his cardio is astounding.

In the wolves game in particular he was going full sprints charging keepers and defenders down in the 90th minute without seemingly losing much puff afterwards. I know some have observed that he seems to carry a bit of timber and I think he's like one of those boxers who always carry a bit of fat and don't look amazing physically but can go hammer and tong for 12 rounds no problem because of the extra energy stores it gives them.

7 minutes ago, villanmac said:

There's obviously a technical debate but his cardio is astounding.

In the wolves game in particular he was going full sprints charging keepers and defenders down in the 90th minute without seemingly losing much puff afterwards. I know some have observed that he seems to carry a bit of timber and I think he's like one of those boxers who always carry a bit of fat and don't look amazing physically but can go hammer and tong for 12 rounds no problem because of the extra energy stores it gives them.

Slight digression. I am no nutrition expert, but I am fairly sure the energy stores you refer to is glycogen which is stored in muscles. It's obviously normal to have more fat if you got more muscle. But referring to the fat as energy storage (if I understood you correctly isn't accurate, but please correct me if anyone knows I am wrong). Suspect a fair few of them might look bloated due supplements increasing available ADP and water content as well. 

My point is just that a lot of the people you think look unfit and slightly overweight can be in tremendous physical shape and have a lot more muscles than you suspect. 

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You're talking apples and oranges now. I thought the discussion was Trez or El Ghazi. Mings is utterly irrelevant. 

I was talking attacking intent demonstrated by attacking stats. You made it about defensive contributions. Apples and oranges?

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Trezguet goes past 2 or 3 players El Ghazi only really goes past players 1 on 1

That YouTube video posted earlier highlights him going past players. What's the end product? Traore went past players. It's the lack of nouse to convert it into goal scoring opportunities that concerns me

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I was talking attacking intent demonstrated by attacking stats. You made it about defensive contributions. 

Yes, because you can't quantify the value of one without considering the other. 

Well you can, but it doesn't say a whole lot. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That YouTube video posted earlier highlights him going past players. What's the end product? Traore went past players. It's the lack of nouse to convert it into goal scoring opportunities that concerns me

We were talking about dribbling!

16 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I love the fact that nobody had heard of him when we signed him. We scouted and found a slightly raw but high potential player that should only get better. That to me is so much more exciting than signing an Andros Townsend type for £15m and 65k a week. 

Trez was Egypt's best player before we signed him (Salah plays like shit with the NT)!

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Trez was Egypt's best player before we signed him

I can see why.

Dribbling past players seem so easy for him. Just need to deliver than end product and we got some player on our hands.

Main problem is LWF is his strongest position and Jack plays there.

I think he is gradually settling and getting better, not just because of his goal, but that will help......just settling in, getting used to the surroundings and feeling part of it all

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â