Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact he was brought on ahead of Chukwuemeka, El Ghazi or even JPB or Archer when we were chasing a win. To be fair he must be doing something well in training and it is great to see he has recovered from injury but he is not good enough for where the club wants to be.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact he was brought on ahead of Chukwuemeka, El Ghazi or even JPB or Archer when we were chasing a win. To be fair he must be doing something well in training and it is great to see he has recovered from injury but he is not good enough for where the club wants to be.

From the outside it does look like a bizarre decision but we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes and, let's be honest, Trezeguet's one (and only) asset is nicking a goal from nowhere.

28 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Well Stevie G said we lacked grit today (,not sure myself) but if that's what our head coach sees as the weakness - then you can see the logic in bringing trez on.

The baffling thing here is that he'd done the hard work, got the ball, beaten the defender, everything. And he *still* chose to dive like that. Crazy.

However... we all know that Salah and Kane etc have done the exact same thing and got penalties, always justified by the "there was some contact" which to me it does look like there was a tiny, tiny little bit. Yes, Trez's acting skills really need improving if he wants to hang out with that calibre of diver, but it's nothing that other teams don't do to us all the time.

I still hate it though.

4 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

It's been sent to the Oscar awarding committee 

I just went to post Collymore's tweet about it and the "copyright owner" has disabled the video. I hate that kind of thing as much as the dive itself.

• Like 2

That dive is so terrible especially because, unless I'm missing something, he could so easily have just got back on the ball and tried to get it to someone else. It's not like the opportunity was gone. He's actually doing fairly well to keep hold of it until he abandons that in favour of a ridiculous dive.

• Like 2

Despite the embarrassing dive, which he is rightly getting hammered for, it was good to see him come on and actually look pretty sharp. He did the defender with a burst of pace, which is always what you worry about a player losing when they get injured.

I’m not totally convinced his days at Villa are over. Got a feeling Gerrard will like his work rate and attitude.

• Like 1

Very disappointing that this guy gets in ahead of the likes of Carney and Bidace.

We know he isn't good enough.

Let's bring on our brilliant talents instead and let them develop.

Edited by villalad21

The more goals we leak the more I think he may push for Joe Gomez, the kid broke in to the England squad and looked fine, can't be happy sitting in their bench.

Question is, is he better then what we have or would he be backup. I think we need better then what we have, competition for places is needed, Ming's and Konza need pushing harder 

Â