Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

The more goals we leak the more I think he may push for Joe Gomez, the kid broke in to the England squad and looked fine, can't be happy sitting in their bench.

Question is, is he better then what we have or would he be backup. I think we need better then what we have, competition for places is needed, Ming's and Konza need pushing harder 

Gomez will be 'pushing' for a place in the same way Axel did. In other words, swapping one bench for another.

1 minute ago, Adman said:

One of the worst dives I've ever seen, should get punished retrospectively imo.  Should also be given a chance to work himself back into form before he's labelled sh** and kicked out the door

He has learned from the best.

• Haha 1

I think the rationale was born from two things:

Goodwill due to his long injury lay-off and a chance for him to impress before AFCON and prove he’s not surplus to requirements. I don’t see Gerrard wanting to keep him at all after today. 

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not a fan.

I'm amazed he got on ahead of Carney 

This and the only reasonable explanation is that the gaffer wanted to see if he could change the game, have a good look at him. His questions should well and truly be answered. I'd be amazed if we got a fee for him.

Thought he actually looked ok when he came on until the dive. What’s most frustrating about it is that it looked like if he stayed up he could have put a decent cross in. I can understand players going down if there’s genuine contact or, at times, if they’re gonna lose the ball. But it’s frustrating as hell to see a player choose to dive when they’re actually in a good position to play the ball 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Goodwill due to his long injury lay-off and a chance for him to impress before AFCON and prove he’s not surplus to requirements. I don’t see Gerrard wanting to keep him at all after today. 

Gerrard actually said post match that he thought our front three played well.

Ignore that: I'm also now getting the wrong thread. Thought this was about Traore 😂

Edited by Tom13

Hopefully his last appearance in a Villa shirt. The dive was embarrassingly shameful, I never want to see any Villa player attempting to cheat like Trez today..

He’s league 1 standard at best. Turkish league would be ideal for him.

8 hours ago, Cosmik Debris said:

No.  He should not have even been on the pitch which is on Gerrard for a poor sub. But that was nothing to do with being back from injury, that 2S just spineless bullshit.  Anyone heard of VAR, such a poor and cowardly act 

His Egyptian mate can dive about and VAR does nothing 😉

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Sure our manager was fond of a dive in his playing days, probably teach him somd tricks 

Â