Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

On 06/03/2020 at 10:16, Rob182 said:

Didn't Grealish play centre-mid for most of last season?

So .... We did buy players for positions we needed. It just turned out they weren't good enough, because of an average spend of £10m per player. 

We didn't get any natural right wingers. Had we bought samatta in the summer we would have had about 12ish extra million to buy a better player than Trez... 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

If we are lucky. Pub player.

I don’t rate him but if a pub player can score against 4 of the current top 5 Premier League teams then the standard of the league really has hit a new low in football. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

On 07/03/2020 at 19:47, Zatman said:

Genuinely what is his position. You rarely see him on the wing, El Ghazi you can see knows his position 

I've said since September that he should be tried up front. He lacks a lot of stuff, but he works hard, will always try to get on the ball and has decent movement. He even has an ability to scrap goals. 

Trezeguet only cost £8.75m, he’s played 41 times for Egypt. He has also scored against Liverpool and Leicester City, I don’t know what people are expecting for £8.75m. £8.75m is nothing in today’s market, I think on the whole, he has done well and yet he is a target of abuse for fans :( and he is quite good looking too (yeah, I know I say that every player but it’s true in my opinion) 

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Trezeguet only cost £8.75m, he’s played 41 times for Egypt. He has also scored against Liverpool and Leicester City, I don’t know what people are expecting for £8.75m. £8.75m is nothing in today’s market, I think on the whole, he has done well and yet he is a target of abuse for fans :( and he is quite good looking too (yeah, I know I say that every player but it’s true in my opinion) 

Boring. You need fresh material.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Agree with you Gaz. 
He hasn’t been great, but the abuse he gets needs to be tempered and put in perspective.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think they abuse him? His nationality?

More a case of fans seeking to make sense of a bad situation by attributing blame to something or someone - a scapegoat. 

Trez is an easy target as out of all of our players he has the worst touch and “footballing brain” which makes him stand out. 

Like I said, he’s not been great but he’s certainly chipped in with some important moments. He’s not been that far off an £8.75m signing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

More a case of fans seeking to make sense of a bad situation by attributing blame to something or someone - a scapegoat. 

Trez is an easy target as out of all of our players he has the worst touch and “footballing brain” which makes him stand out. 

Like I said, he’s not been great but he’s certainly chipped in with some important moments. He’s not been that far off an £8.75m signing. 

I think he’s been value for money, he’s provided quite a few goals and assists as well as being a hard worker

Â