Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I didn't have high hopes in Trezeguet. In terms of numbers he's better than what I've thought. But he definitely lacks ability. I got frustrated twice atleast today. I'm not the kind of person that gets angry quickly, and I'm probably one of the last on here to lose patience on players/managers. I don't mind players doing mistakes, I keep forgiving Luiz. What I could forgive is the constant bad decision makings. Its bad. Really bad. Even then, I would be patient with a players if he had the ability but lacks decision making (eg Adama Traore).

I like Trez willingness and trying, but I can't help but can't put my hopes in him.

Trez and Wes from our summer signings were the ones the let us down mainly. All others were ok.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, omariqy said:

No brain at all. It was a gamble. One that hasnt paid off.

It hurts to think that add on another 7-8m and we could have had any one of benrahma/Bowen/Lolley.

bit the truth of the matter is that none of those have 20m+ followers on social media.. and the commercial advantages that these players bring 

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

THINK OF THE SHIRTS WEVE SOLD.

Of course, no one in Egypt supports Liverpool and we’ve definitely covered the cost of relegation with the money we’ve made on shirt sales.

The people of Egypt have good taste so they would all cheer for Villa 😉

10 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Suso's Agent friend... DW Sports Management who also owns Nakamba

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dw-sports-management/beraterfirma/berater/3933

It says on there that he is a left winger. Has he not being playing right wing when he has played? 

Not saying that it would make a huge difference as the basics aren't really there, but maybe he would be better in his preferred position.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

It says on there that he is a left winger. Has he not being playing right wing when he has played? 

Not saying that it would make a huge difference as the basics aren't really there, but maybe he would be better in his preferred position.

That's where he played and did well at the last AFCON and he also scored that winning goal against Leicester frkm that position when Elmo crossed from the right. 

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

That's where he played and did well at the last AFCON and he also scored that winning goal against Leicester frkm that position when Elmo crossed from the right. 

It's a bit like last year, both Adomah and Green were better on the left but we had to play them on the right to accommodate another left winger (Ghazi). Now Ghazi plays on the right to accommodate Grealish, who's better on the left. How about we buy players for positions we need? The last proper right winger we had was Snoddy and he was on loan. 

This doesn't in anyway excuse Trezeguet for being so poor. 

Another half decently rated player coming into a Villa team and struggling. There is a pattern here....

Lots of change in our squad and team, and the PL has been a big step up for EVERYONE. I say give everyone a chance, for me the only one who looks to come up short in this division is Jota due to his lack of pace, however I would add he has hardly had chance to acclimatise either and is in a struggling side, but Jota has great feet and vision, I think he is just a step behind the pace of the division.

Too early to judge anyone for me: more reasons for them to struggle or fail than succeed or prosper in this team at the moment.

26 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Another half decently rated player coming into a Villa team and struggling. There is a pattern here....

Lots of change in our squad and team, and the PL has been a big step up for EVERYONE. I say give everyone a chance, for me the only one who looks to come up short in this division is Jota due to his lack of pace, however I would add he has hardly had chance to acclimatise either and is in a struggling side, but Jota has great feet and vision, I think he is just a step behind the pace of the division.

Too early to judge anyone for me: more reasons for them to struggle or fail than succeed or prosper in this team at the moment.

You can judge them at the end of the season after they get us relegated.

10 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You can judge them at the end of the season after they get us relegated.

If we get relegated it will be because we didn’t defend well enough, we have scored the goals and out scored those around us, who do we blame. 

What other 12 players should we have signed to guarantee us remaining in the division? We are correcting a very deep and long term neglect. One step at a time.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2020 at 11:03, WooJung said:

It's a bit like last year, both Adomah and Green were better on the left but we had to play them on the right to accommodate another left winger (Ghazi). Now Ghazi plays on the right to accommodate Grealish, who's better on the left. How about we buy players for positions we need? The last proper right winger we had was Snoddy and he was on loan. 

Does Benrahma play from the LW or RW?

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt for now and see how he is after a season under his belt before writing him off completely...

Its not looking good at present though he has to improve a hell of a lot to be a long term 1st team player. That said he appears to have the right attitude so 🤞🏻... Everyone  wants instant results and performances yet some players take time to find their feet within this league and some are too quick to judge and write players off ... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

If we get relegated it will be because we didn’t defend well enough, we have scored the goals and out scored those around us, who do we blame. 

What other 12 players should we have signed to guarantee us remaining in the division? We are correcting a very deep and long term neglect. One step at a time.

Uh, not sure what's your point here. I could blame the defenders for not being good enough.

Bruh, I'm not a scout. Its not my job to find the best players for good money, its theirs. That said, do you honestly think this crop of players were the best we could've gotten with the money we had? Really? Because I'm pretty sure we could've gotten gems with the money we had, we got none(jury is out on Samatta but its a shame we had to wait until January to get him). ****'s sake, I'm sure there's a better striker out there than Wesley at 20m for example. What's the point of a player like Trezeguet, even if you argue that 9million we got what we paid for, at that point I'd rather keep Green and use it better rather than waste money watching his guy run around the pitch. 

Yeah, we're about to take a giant step back imo. Which no mistake, is very much a giant step back. Go look at the finances thread to see how dire I finances might look in the event of relegation and tell me more about how we're "rebuilding".Which I'm not denying, and they've done a good job with rebuilding us so far, but the fact of the matter is, they've seemed to stumbled at this step looking at where we're heading now and there's nothing wrong with admitting that instead of putting all the blame on the previous administrations.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

On 02/03/2020 at 11:03, WooJung said:

Didn't Grealish play centre-mid for most of last season?

So .... We did buy players for positions we needed. It just turned out they weren't good enough, because of an average spend of £10m per player. 

Â