Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I think he has been ok, nothing better. Its his first season and shows flashes of promises but overall he is a bit lightweight and flakey. He could be one of those players who would really good in the championship and mediocre in the premier league but he may improve.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Trezeguet looked hopeless in his YouTube audition which is never a good sign

I said that on page 1 but wasn't too fussed really, who knows who made that.

Then I went out of my way to watch him back in the AFCON. I was disappointed because he was absolutely crap in the 2 games I saw.

I thought I'll just wait until he's here and see how he gets on and what do you know, he's absolutely crap all the time which is incredibly annoying. 

All this "players take time to adjust" chat. They do if they're figuring things out yes, but he clearly isn't. He's a footballing moron. Zero understanding of what he should be doing when he gets the ball. Can't control, dribble or kick the ball properly half the time.

Got a red early in the season for being thick, and has wasted umpteen chances taking shite shots when there's options all round him because he isn't good enough technically to not be looking at his feet when he's got the ball. Utter trash.

As time has gone on I've come round to being confident he was signed for commercial purposes. He's too bad a player to be have been "scouted". (Then again Suso probably just asked his mates who to sign and this made them the most money at the time) It's a clear strategy we're pursuing in Africa and frankly it was **** stupid to do in the summer when we were touch and go on staying up.

What a difference a single good winger would have made to us this season. Not even a brilliant one! Just one that isn't rubbish, or feigns injury when he doesn't fancy it. Someone to take the weight off Jack and nullify teams put literally 5 men round him and taking 3 points off us.

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just seen this, I think El Ghazi is good enough to start for us in the Premier League and Trezeguet is a good squad option, what do you think of them?

They are both squad players imo.

El Ghazi is a squad player, trez is either a squad player or a get rid, not sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2020 at 22:50, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just seen this, I think El Ghazi is good enough to start for us in the Premier League and Trezeguet is a good squad option, what do you think of them?

I think that El Ghazi is probably good enough to start even though he'd probably be better as a bench option. I'm not entirely convinced by Trezeguet yet, he looks clumsy and quite lost a lot of the time. Every now and then he'll do something brilliant but it's pretty rare imo. Maybe he'll develop I don't know but at best he's a squad option right now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I think that El Ghazi is probably good enough to start even though he'd probably be better as a bench option. I'm not entirely convinced by Trezeguet yet, he looks clumsy and quite lost a lot of the time. Every now and then he'll do something brilliant but it's pretty rare imo. Maybe he'll develop I don't know but at best he's a squad option right now.

But Trezeguet preferred and natural position is on the left wing. We've rarely seen him there.

• Like 1

I'd still move him on if this Turkish interest is genuine. Need to get more ruthless with players rather than wait years for them to do anything like in the Lambert era. El Ghazi has his faults and is also work in progress but he's further down the line here than Trez.

Last year we were quite ruthless in getting rid of Adomah and Whelan we we could've kept them round to play the odd game. It was the right strategy, just a shame not enough of our signings were significant upgrades.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I'd still move him on if this Turkish interest is genuine. Need to get more ruthless with players rather than wait years for them to do anything like in the Lambert era. El Ghazi has his faults and is also work in progress but he's further down the line here than Trez.

Last year we were quite ruthless in getting rid of Adomah and Whelan we we could've kept them round to play the odd game. It was the right strategy, just a shame not enough of our signings were significant upgrades.

Not sure it was ruthless, their contracts expired and both were too old / not good enough for the prem, it just made sense.

• Like 1

I take that point as Adomah had certainly declined with us in the championship. However without starting many games I'm sure he'd have popped up with the odd goal so not much different to what Trez has provided so far

And again Whelan. He played plenty of games last season so while I certainly wouldn't have expected him to be a regular starter at all I find it hard to believe he'd have looked as much out of his depth as Drinkwater did during January.

Keeping those two up to January might've prevented the mass panic of last summer where we had to go double figures in number of signings and go for quantity over quality given our league position.

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I take that point as Adomah had certainly declined with us in the championship. However without starting many games I'm sure he'd have popped up with the odd goal so not much different to what Trez has provided so far

And again Whelan. He played plenty of games last season so while I certainly wouldn't have expected him to be a regular starter at all I find it hard to believe he'd have looked as much out of his depth as Drinkwater did during January.

Keeping those two up to January might've prevented the mass panic of last summer where we had to go double figures in number of signings and go for quantity over quality given our league position.

Whelan got kicked out of Hearts he was so bad this season and is currently at Fleetwood town .Adomah is at Cardiff on loan after being poor at Forrest

Add those 2 to Jedinek and Hutton who have both have no club and even if we hadn't gone up we would have faced a mass culling of players for those 4 it was one last Hurrah that go us over the line 

What it shows though is the naivety of us not bringing in a few old heads this season other than Heaton.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Whelan got kicked out of Hearts he was so bad this season and is currently at Fleetwood town .Adomah is at Cardiff on loan after being poor at Forrest

Add those 2 to Jedinek and Hutton who have both have no club and even if we hadn't gone up we would have faced a mass culling of players for those 4 it was one last Hurrah that go us over the line 

What it shows though is the naivety of us not bringing in a few old heads this season other than Heaton.

Yeah last sentence is key really. When we were released all those (and AEM would've probably joined them if he had been out of contract) I assumed we'd be getting in 3-4 tried and tested prem players to replace them giving the top level experience we were letting go (Jedi had lost the pace but let's remember he did play in the world cup a year before to a decent standard) and then the other 4-5 signings would be young players from lower leagues like Konsa and foreign punts like Trez.

Edited by VillaChris

If we had kept most of squad we might have been ok , see Shef United but as we had to bring in so many players we needed some tried and tested.The Drinkwater loan would indicate we relized this too late .

Long term I think the players we have will mostly be fine but if we go down it will be another rebuild , so we should of brought in some instant hit / exp players.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah last sentence is key really. When we were released all those (and AEM would've probably joined them if he had been out of contract) I assumed we'd be getting in 3-4 tried and tested prem players to replace them giving the top level experience we were letting go (Jedi had lost the pace but let's remember he did play in the world cup a year before to a decent standard) and then the other 4-5 signings would be young players from lower leagues like Konsa and foreign punts like Trez.

So they turned s*** over night?

You shouldn't underestimate motivation in football.

Don't think either of them exactly felt inspired by dropping down a level or 2 after achieving promotion.

Still don't think the likes of Whelan and Adomah would do much worse than Trezeguet and Nakamba.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So they turned s*** over night?

You shouldn't underestimate motivation in football.

Don't think either of them exactly felt inspired by dropping down a level or 2 after achieving promotion.

Still don't think the likes of Whelan and Adomah would do much worse than Trezeguet and Nakamba.

They dropped down as no one wanted them as they not good enough , Adomah is a decent championship level player at best and Whelan is 35 and in L1 now.

I have seen a bit of Adomah at Forrest he was very poor , poor shooting and struggled to beat the fullback

4 minutes ago, Nabby said:

They dropped down as no one wanted them as they not good enough , Adomah is a decent championship level player at best and Whelan is 35 and in L1 now.

I have seen a bit of Adomah at Forrest he was very poor , poor shooting and struggled to beat the fullback

So you are saying they turned s**t overnight? Because clearly they were good enough in 18-19

Clubs generally would prefer not to sign older players. Certainly not players in their mid 30's.

I'm not saying they would improve us. But i'm still not convinced they would have done much worse than Trezeguet and Nakamba. I might be wrong but that's my opinion.

Edited by villalad21

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So you are saying they turned s**t overnight? Because clearly they were good enough in 18-19

Clubs generally would prefer not to sign older players. Certainly not players in their mid 30's.

I'm not saying they would improve us. But i'm still not convinced they would have done much worse than Trezeguet and Nakamba. I might be wrong but that's my opinion.

Maybe Dean Smith improved them as players that they cant find these levels anymore 😉🤔

Just now, villalad21 said:

I'm not saying they would improve us. But i'm still not convinced they would have done much worse than Trezeguet and Nakamba.

No they were already fading last year but we have enough other players to cover this up ..dont you recall Whelan losing the ball in the first Semi Final , Adomah then missed a pen in the shootout.

Whelan is at a L1 club if only a L1 club will take him there is no chance he is up to PL level and yes Nakamba is a better option than him at this point.

Trez scored a goal that took us to a final and a few minutes from beating Liverpool I doubt Adomah would have provided us much 

In any case what we should of done is bring in more Prem lg exp to supplement Nakamba and Trezeguet

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

No they were already fading last year but we have enough other players to cover this up ..dont you recall Whelan losing the ball in the first Semi Final , Adomah then missed a pen in the shootout.

Whelan is at a L1 club if only a L1 club will take him there is no chance he is up to PL level and yes Nakamba is a better option than him at this point.

Trez scored a goal that took us to a final and a few minutes from beating Liverpool I doubt Adomah would have provided us much 

In any case what we should of done is bring in more Prem lg exp to supplement Nakamba and Trezeguet

You might be right but i still stand by my opinion.

This is the kind of situation where you express your displeasure at a player by labelling him as a '<insert league below the one you're in> player'
An example, 'That Taylor is a Championship player'.

The difficulty here is, it just doesn't fit because Trezeguet isn't even good enough for the Championship. I'm having to re-write the rule book and it feels weird. Anyway, here goes. 

That Trezeguet is a League 1 player.

Â