Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

35 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Hate to think what this chap looks like after 2 months off. Will need a pre-pre-pre-season to get him back to shape.

Wait until you see Drinkwater 

I remember when we signed him an Egyptian buddy of mine text and said "he's got the potential to be better than Mo Salah".  Right now I'm not sure he's better than Mo Johnston.

I love his graft but I feel like most of the time he's trying to exploit his pace - an advantage he might have had in Turkey, but that is completely non-existent in the Prem.

File under "players you really want to succeed but probably won't". That drawer has gotten pretty full over the last few years.

(Edited for rubbish spelling)

Edited by Vancvillan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd like to see how he would perform on the left.

It's where he played in Turkey. His natural position

Probably the same as he did on the right. Blowing out his arse after 5 and looking like he is towing a caravan.

1 hour ago, Vancvillan said:

I remember when we signed him an Egyptian buddy of mine text and said "he's got the potential to be better than Mo Salah".  Right now I'm not sure he's better than Mo Johnston.

I love his graft but I feel like most of the time he's trying to exploit his pace - an advantage he might have had in Turkey, but that is completely non-existent in the Prem.

File under "players you really want to succeed but probably won't". That drawer has gotten pretty full over the last few years.

(Edited for rubbish spelling)

The Mo Salah who didn't make the grade at Chelsea and spent 2 years in Italy improving before coming back to England...not saying that will happen with Trez but despite not being an instant hit still has 3 goals in a struggling side.

As for position well we currently have 3 wide players all right footed who all prefer to play on the left.

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

The Mo Salah who didn't make the grade at Chelsea and spent 2 years in Italy improving before coming back to England...not saying that will happen with Trez but despite not being an instant hit still has 3 goals in a struggling side.

As for position well we currently have 3 wide players all right footed who all prefer to play on the left.

Salah got 2 in 13 in his 1st Premier League spell and pulled up no trees, Trez has 3 in 15

not saying he will turn into Salah but Villa fans have an incredible knack of writing players off early

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'd like to see how he would perform on the left.

It's where he played in Turkey. His natural position

I’d like to see him performing in Turkey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

I’d like to see him performing in Turkey.

Nowhere near good enough for us.. i watched him every game at AFCON last year.

I'm like why did we sign him.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think he has been an awful signing. The more I think about it the more it seems like a signing to appeal and market AVFC to a wider audience (Egypt).

I remember the hype around him as the next big thing around the WC and he was poor and underwhelming. The name on the back of the shirt is what draws you in to wonder why he’d been dubbed that as an Egyptian. 

Just watched that latest training video released by the club and they are doing drills of balls over the top to be controlled and finished. He chests it and it runs 20ft away from him before he scuffs a shot and falls over. He can barely beat his man, relies on a kick and rush style that just looks amateur to me. We really find it hard to bring in quality and have done for years. I really want us to have a watertight recruitment team that can find potential gems that already play consistently at a decent level. Trezeguet is and always was going to be a flop. We need to distance ourselves from signing “might turn out alright” types. They are just not worth it. Talk already of him going back to Turkey and we’ll no doubt make a loss on him;- bad business. Not suited to this league at all, technically not good enough or quick enough imo. That should have been the first thing noted on any AVFC scouting report and I found it disappointing DS actually flew out to Africa to watch him play and still thought he was good enough. Hasnt worked out at all. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I think he has been an awful signing. The more I think about it the more it seems like a signing to appeal and market AVFC to a wider audience (Egypt).

I remember the hype around him as the next big thing around the WC and he was poor and underwhelming. The name on the back of the shirt is what draws you in to wonder why he’d been dubbed that as an Egyptian. 

Just watched that latest training video released by the club and they are doing drills of balls over the top to be controlled and finished. He chests it and it runs 20ft away from him before he scuffs a shot and falls over. He can barely beat his man, relies on a kick and rush style that just looks amateur to me. We really find it hard to bring in quality and have done for years. I really want us to have a watertight recruitment team that can find potential gems that already play consistently at a decent level. Trezeguet is and always was going to be a flop. We need to distance ourselves from signing “might turn out alright” types. They are just not worth it. Talk already of him going back to Turkey and we’ll no doubt make a loss on him;- bad business. Not suited to this league at all, technically not good enough or quick enough imo. That should have been the first thing noted on any AVFC scouting report and I found it disappointing DS actually flew out to Africa to watch him play and still thought he was good enough. Hasnt worked out at all. 

I honestly believe he would struggle hard in the Championship

Seen this on twitter 

Fenerbahce have held talks with Trezeguet over a possible loan move with an option to buy. Trezeguet’s agent has told Fenerbache his client will leave if avfc are relegated. [takvim]

He’ll be no loss, id sell him even if we stay up

Â