Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I don’t think we should sell Trezeguet, he’s only been at the club for a few months. For me, when he has played, he has shown potential. He’s popped up with some goals against some of the top clubs in the league 

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he’s ****? If he was English, you wouldn’t be saying that

Yes I would. Being Egyptian is nothing to do with me thinking he’s shit and I resent the accusation. 

He’s shit because he’s crap at football. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes I would. Being Egyptian is nothing to do with me thinking he’s shit and I resent the accusation. 

He’s shit because he’s crap at football. 

Why do you think he’s ****? I don’t think he is, he has scored some important goals for us and he only cost £8.75m. I don’t know what you expect for that kind of money 

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he’s ****? I don’t think he is, he has scored some important goals for us and he only cost £8.75m. I don’t know what you expect for that kind of money 

Say we are not relegated and the season is voided or whatever, is there any player in our squad that you think is not good enough going in to next season?

We have a 25 man squad and Drinky and Reina will return to their parent clubs and Baston is off to Spain 

Our current squad is sitting 2nd from bottom and from what I've read you think every single one of our players is good enough.

With the players coming back from loan our squad is already full for next season. If we are to improve some players will have to go. Or are you saying that this current squad is good enough and if so is it a managerial issue?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He pops us with a few goals. I'll give him credit for that.

But his general play is awful. He runs into blind alleys, he loses the ball for fun, his passing is poor, his decision making is lacking. He's not even that fast.

I don't care about his price tag. I'm not talking about his value or his ability relative to his cost. I'm talking about his ability relative to other premier league players regardless of what they cost. And his is poor. He's not good enough for us and we're one of the worst teams in the league.

I honestly wouldn't be bothered if he left if we went down. I think there are better wide attackers in the Championship that we could get for less or similar to what we paid for him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We were assured all our summer signings would only go up in value for a couple of years. 

Virus economy probably pissed on those chips but this will probably be the first loss we make.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Say we are not relegated and the season is voided or whatever, is there any player in our squad that you think is not good enough going in to next season?

We have a 25 man squad and Drinky and Reina will return to their parent clubs and Baston is off to Spain 

Our current squad is sitting 2nd from bottom and from what I've read you think every single one of our players is good enough.

With the players coming back from loan our squad is already full for next season. If we are to improve some players will have to go. Or are you saying that this current squad is good enough and if so is it a managerial issue?

I think it is up to the manager to get the best out of the squad, it is pretty much all Smith signings. I firmly believe that this current squad is good enough to keep us in the Premier League. We have to remember that it is Smith’s first season in the Premier League as it is for most of the squad. If we do stay up this season, then hopefully we will look to push on next season, we will most likely need funds and better players in order to do that, regardless of whether Grealish is here or not, what about you sne? Do you think that any player from the current squad isn’t good enough? Or do you think it is a management issue?

Can ppl not employ any semblance of balance? I appreciate we all have an opinion, and opinion is all this is. But for me Trezeguet has been neither shit or good enough! He’s shown brief moments of quality, and a good number of moments of being very ordinary. It’s the 1st season for an £8m overseas signing. A difficult season in a struggling new Premier League team. Unless an offer comes in that Villa can’t refuse (perhaps £10-12m) then maybe we should give the guy a chance to find another level in a 2nd season? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He pops us with a few goals. I'll give him credit for that.

But his general play is awful. He runs into blind alleys, he loses the ball for fun, his passing is poor, his decision making is lacking. He's not even that fast.

I don't care about his price tag. I'm not talking about his value or his ability relative to his cost. I'm talking about his ability relative to other premier league players regardless of what they cost. And his is poor. He's not good enough for us and we're one of the worst teams in the league.

I honestly wouldn't be bothered if he left if we went down. I think there are better wide attackers in the Championship that we could get for less or similar to what we paid for him.

Why don’t you care about his price tag? He paid peanuts for him in today’s market

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Can ppl not employ any semblance of balance? I appreciate we all have an opinion, and opinion is all this is. But for me Trezeguet has been neither shit or good enough! He’s shown brief moments of quality, and a good number of moments of being very ordinary. It’s the 1st season for an £8m overseas signing. A difficult season in a struggling new Premier League team. Unless an offer comes in that Villa can’t refuse (perhaps £10-12m) then maybe we should give the guy a chance to find another level in a 2nd season? 

I'm perfectly capable of balance. We have plenty of players who aren't brilliant and aren't terrible.

Trezeguet just happens to be one of the players who I think IS terrible

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why don’t you care about his price tag? He paid peanuts for him in today’s market

Because my comment was about his ability as a premier league player. Doesn't matter if he cost £1m or £100m, his ability is the same.

If it was a discussion about ability relative to cost then it would be relevant. Not that I even think he's that good for the money we spent to be honest. I'd rather have spent £10m or whatever he cost on Joe Lolley or Anthony Knockaert or Said Benrahma or Helder Costa, for example. All of whom would have done better this season for us imo.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

I also think he's shit. 

And if we're in the Premier League, and he's not good enough for the Premier League, his cost or value is irrelevant. He's just not good enough for where we are (for now).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it is up to the manager to get the best out of the squad, it is pretty much all Smith signings. I firmly believe that this current squad is good enough to keep us in the Premier League. We have to remember that it is Smith’s first season in the Premier League as it is for most of the squad. If we do stay up this season, then hopefully we will look to push on next season, we will most likely need funds and better players in order to do that, regardless of whether Grealish is here or not, what about you sne? Do you think that any player from the current squad isn’t good enough? Or do you think it is a management issue?

I think it's both. Smith is IMO one of the weakest managers in the league and absolutely one of the least experienced. And it showed.

IMO only Heaton, Mings, McGinn, Grealish and hopefully Samatta are good enough to be regular starters for a top half push, and even some of them had very on and off form.

Nakamba, Luiz, Konsa, Guilbert, Targett, El Ghazi, Engels all showed at least glimpses for me think there is promise in them but I wouldn't wan't them all playing at once. U can get away with some of it but I'd put them in the rotation player bracket if we wan't to push on.

Elmo is what he is, he can do a job to a point, Hourihane is light weight but adds goals and assists. Hause is still young I guess. Not sure on these 3, rather we improved the squad but not the biggest issues.

Wesley will be here, I thought he looked really poor in a few key aspects of his game but hopefully he's a fast learner once he get's fit. A lot of it he would been able to work on while on crutches by watching videos.

Trezeguet is pretty much summed up in Stevo's post. If we can get a fee then sell

As for the squad I'd say Jota, Lansbury and Taylor are not even good enough to be squad players. 

Sure I forgot someone but a new much better wide player, a experienced more rounded CB, a quality CM, and ideally a new LB and RB would be a good start.

I also think Smith and the backroom staff needs upgrading on but it all depends on how serious our owners are at cracking the top 10. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because my comment was about his ability as a premier league player. Doesn't matter if he cost £1m or £100m, his ability is the same.

If it was a discussion about ability relative to cost then it would be relevant. Not that I even think he's that good for the money we spent to be honest. I'd rather have spent £10m or whatever he cost on Joe Lolley or Anthony Knockaert or Said Benrahma or Helder Costa, for example. All of whom would have done better this season for us imo.

I care about his price tag, it gives fans something to talk about and compare the players through market value. I don’t like it when these undisclosed fees are banded about, I like to know what’s happening at my club. It’s is only Trezeguet’s first season in the Premier League in a new country, I think he’s done quite considering his price tag, all of those players that you have listed there (Lolley, Knockaert, Benrahma and Costa) would’ve cost a lot more than Trezeguet and none of them are proven in the Premier League. From the limited action of what I’ve seen of him, I think only Benrahma would improve us from that list 

Â