Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks a stone overweight. 

this is a good point. always looks to have a double chin. insta photos of nandos looks older than 25 must be bang on the shisa aswell. his brain tells him he can knock the ball past a guy then his body can't collect at the other side. has a good work ethic keeps running like mcGinn but that burst of acceloration needed by wingers is missing.

• Like 1

Thought he was especially dreadful on Saturday and that is saying something compared to the rest of them. Wonder if we might go with Davis and Samatta when he is fit. Don't think Trezeguet would cut it in the Champo let alone the Prem. 

For the £11m we paid for him and £2/3m we paid for Jota we'd surely have had a decent shot at getting Lolley. Feels like we went in the wrong direction there. 

9 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Thought he was especially dreadful on Saturday and that is saying something compared to the rest of them. Wonder if we might go with Davis and Samatta when he is fit. Don't think Trezeguet would cut it in the Champo let alone the Prem. 

For the £11m we paid for him and £2/3m we paid for Jota we'd surely have had a decent shot at getting Lolley. Feels like we went in the wrong direction there. 

As the games go by, it feels like we went in the wrong direction with most of our signings. Even the slightly ok players like Luiz and Konsa are still projects and not what we need right now. 
We got it all wrong in the summer albeit it was a very difficult task assembling a squad with the budget we had. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's absolutely shit.

Has a habit of scoring goals so I'll give him credit for that.

But those games where he doesn't manage that, he offers nothing. 

Tell us what you really think! lol

Genuine question, would he be good enough for a team competing to get promoted from the championship? What's the concensus here?

Tell us what you really think! lol

Genuine question, would he be good enough for a team competing to get promoted from the championship? What's the concensus here?

He's worse than AEG, and I wasn't particularly happy with AEG when we were chasing promotion.

So I'd say Trez is good enough as an "option" for a team chasing promotions from the Championship.

Were we to stay up this season, a couple of decent wingers or wide forwards or whatever need to be high high on the transfer wishlist.
There's no point moaning about Wesley or Samatta or Baston when all they've got to feed off is the absolute shite AEG and Trez serve up.

I'm sick of the sight of both of them.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's worse than AEG, and I wasn't particularly happy with AEG when we were chasing promotion.

So I'd say Trez is good enough as an "option" for a team chasing promotions from the Championship.

Were we to stay up this season, a couple of decent wingers or wide forwards or whatever need to be high high on the transfer wishlist.
There's no point moaning about Wesley or Samatta or Baston when all they've got to feed off is the absolute shite AEG and Trez serve up.

I'm sick of the sight of both of them.

TBH, this is exactly where I'm at with it as well. 
On the point in bold, I thought AEG was actually poor for the most part of our season in the Championship and lives off 2 or 3 good performances, notably against West Brom away from home. It might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think he is very good at all and all the talk of potential and talent is wasted on me. I want him to play well, I don't care about what he may do or may become in a couple of years.

Trezeguet is Trezeguet, he tries hard but he's lacking in nearly every department. 

I think one of the reasons we see Grealish played out on the left so much is because Smith knows that our wingers are especially poor. Grealish is essentially being used to cover up our lack of ability in the wide areas as we can kind of get away with him not playing in the middle (even though I think we're poor there too).

We needed new wingers and a striker even last season and it will be the same again in the summer. To think we signed AEG, Trezeguet, Jota and Wesley and thought it would be enough to survive. Laughable really. 

• Like 1

On the point in bold, I thought AEG was actually poor for the most part of our season in the Championship and lives off 2 or 3 good performances, notably against West Brom away from home. It might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think he is very good at all and all the talk of potential and talent is wasted on me. I want him to play well, I don't care about what he may do or may become in a couple of years.

Totally agree

You don't have to be quick to be a good winger. Snodgrass was slower than Trez but the guy could pass, cross and shoot. Unfortunately Trez is neither quick or good with his feet. 

Our biggest mistake in the summer and winter transfers is not sorting our wide players. We have zero threat. Would love to see Jack back in midfield but we can't afford not to play him as a winger. 

• Like 1

There was a point in the 2nd half on Sat when Grealish starting dropping deep. It's happened a bit recently where he gets so fed of the mess the defence and midfield are making of trying to build the play he thinks I'll have to do that for them as well. 

On Sat he pretty much picked up the ball off the toes of the CBs and then played a fantastic ball through the lines that took the whole of their midfield out with one pass. It went to Trezeguet and bounced about five yards off him his touch was so bad. Move over. As much as Grealish loves the Villa can you imagine how frustrating it must be to play with people like that in the Premier League. 

Edited by villaglint

He was absolutely dire on Saturday (although his effort can't really be faulted).

Not sure why the linesman kept flagging him for extremely marginal offsides causing the ref to blow.  Is that not meant to be under the remit of VAR now?

Â