Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I care about his price tag, it gives fans something to talk about and compare the players through market value. I don’t like it when these undisclosed fees are banded about, I like to know what’s happening at my club. 

That's fine but it doesn't change my point. His actual ability is not affected by his price tag. If he's not good enough he's not good enough.
I didn't mean I don't ever care about price tags. Just that for this discussion it's not relevant

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

IIt’s is only Trezeguet’s first season in the Premier League in a new country, I think he’s done quite considering his price tag, all of those players that you have listed there (Lolley, Knockaert, Benrahma and Costa) would’ve cost a lot more than Trezeguet and none of them are proven in the Premier League. From the limited action of what I’ve seen of him, I think only Benrahma would improve us from that list 

Well I disagree. I don't think any of those players would have cost much more, if at all, than Trezeguet. And whilst yes they're unproven, I'd wager they'd have given a better contribution than Trezeguet. 

All of those players would improve us because they're all better than Trezeguet, and they'd probably be better than El Ghazi too who I also don't particularly rate.

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's fine but it doesn't change my point. His actual ability is not affected by his price tag. If he's not good enough he's not good enough.
I didn't mean I don't ever care about price tags. Just that for this discussion it's not relevant

Well I disagree. I don't think any of those players would have cost much more, if at all, than Trezeguet. And whilst yes they're unproven, I'd wager they'd have given a better contribution than Trezeguet. 

All of those players would improve us because they're all better than Trezeguet, and they'd probably be better than El Ghazi too who I also don't particularly rate.

Why don’t you rate El Ghazi? He has provided quite a few goals and assists for us. When Grealish has the ball on the left and El Ghazi has lots of space on the right, there is a reluctance to use him I think. I don’t know why, El Ghazi played a big role in our promotion in my opinion. I think El Ghazi has a lot of ability but he is a target of abuse for quite a lot of fans I think

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why don’t you rate El Ghazi? He has provided quite a few goals and assists for us. When Grealish has the ball on the left and El Ghazi has lots of space on the right, there is a reluctance to use him I think. I don’t know why, El Ghazi played a big role in our promotion in my opinion. I think El Ghazi has a lot of ability but he is a target of abuse for quite a lot of fans I think

He falls in the same bracket as Hourihane where he adds some goals and assists but his contribution in general play is too inconsistent to be someone to rely on IMO. He usually most effective when subbed on.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's a slightly better version than Trezeguet. Similar players, El Ghazi uses the ball more intelligently, has a better cross on him and is a better shooter (despite Trezeguet's goals, he's a shit finisher).

He did play a big role in us getting promoted. But we're not in the Championship anymore.

Our lack of good wide players when we've been mainly playing one big striker up top is a big reason for our poor performances this season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

He falls in the same bracket as Hourihane where he adds some goals and assists but his contribution in general play is too inconsistent to be someone to rely on IMO. He usually most effective when subbed on.

I think he can be relied on, us fans need to get behind him and encourage him, instead of abusing him. You can see his confidence being dented when he does get abuse, that isn’t good for anyone

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's a slightly better version than Trezeguet. Similar players, El Ghazi uses the ball more intelligently, has a better cross on him and is a better shooter (despite Trezeguet's goals, he's a shit finisher).

He did play a big role in us getting promoted. But we're not in the Championship anymore.

Our lack of good wide players when we've been mainly playing one big striker up top is a big reason for our poor performances this season

The main job of a winger is to provide chances for the centre forward(s), El Ghazi does that for me even against the top teams as he showed against Manchester City in the Carabao Cup final with a brilliant cross for Samatta. Are you saying that we need to change formation? 

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he can be relied on, us fans need to get behind him and encourage him, instead of abusing him. You can see his confidence being dented when he does get abuse, that isn’t good for anyone

If only it was that easy.

With a team that presses up so high with a lot of our players (on the few occasions we have the ball) we need to keep possession high and also need to win back the ball high when we lose it.

He is lacking in both those areas. Confidence is absolutely an issue but no I don't think he can rely on him as a starter in the PL.

Happy to keep him (El Ghazi that is) around as I think he has potential.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

If only it was that easy.

With a team that presses up so high with a lot of our players (on the few occasions we have the ball) we need to keep possession high and also need to win back the ball high when we lose it.

He is lacking in both those areas. Confidence is absolutely an issue but no I don't think he can rely on him as a starter in the PL.

Happy to keep him (El Ghazi that is) around as I think he has potential.

I also think El Ghazi has a lot of potential, it’s why we bought him, I think we can rely on him. We’re going a bit off topic here I think 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I also think El Ghazi has a lot of potential, it’s why we bought him, I think we can rely on him. We’re going a bit off topic here I think 

Bit of a difference between having potential and being someone you can rely on to start games.

But we see things very differently, that's fine.

26 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The main job of a winger is to provide chances for the centre forward(s), El Ghazi does that for me even against the top teams as he showed against Manchester City in the Carabao Cup final with a brilliant cross for Samatta. Are you saying that we need to change formation? 

No I'm saying we need better wide players.

Trezeguet and El Ghazi have 5 assists between them all season in all competitions.

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Bit of a difference between having potential and being someone you can rely on to start games.

But we see things very differently, that's fine.

I think you are right, the best ones like Traore and Grealish are realising that potential and it’s great to watch them 

52 minutes ago, sne said:

The problem we have this applies to half the team, trez, el ghazi, luiz, hourihane etc..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No I'm saying we need better wide players.

Trezeguet and El Ghazi have 5 assists between them all season in all competitions.

Are you saying that we need better wide players on both sides? Are you assuming that Grealish is leaving then?

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Are you saying that we need better wide players on both sides? Are you assuming that Grealish is leaving then?

I'm talking about Trez and El Ghazi.

I do think grealish will leave but that's another conversation.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you think we need better players than El Ghazi and Trezeguet?

Yes! I thought I’d made that clear :D 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he’s ****? If he was English, you wouldn’t be saying that

How do you come to that assumption?  One thing i dont like is when someone brings nationality into it. You have no evidence that is the reason he feels like that. He thinks he is shit and i agree with him

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You've been spot on in all comments in the last few pages.
He's crap, regardless of price tag.

• Thanks 1

Â