Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I like Trezeguet. He always gives 100% when called on and I see a player in there if he can improve his finishing. He's not shown as much as I thought he would so far, but it's a huge readjustment coming to the PL from a much less hectic environment.

Fitness and finishing practice should bring the best out of him.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think they abuse him then? 

I dint know what abuseyour alluding to but if your talking About critising him it might be because he has been consistently poor

20 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I like Trezeguet. He always gives 100% when called on and I see a player in there if he can improve his finishing. He's not shown as much as I thought he would so far, but it's a huge readjustment coming to the PL from a much less hectic environment.

Fitness and finishing practice should bring the best out of him.

I don't think it's just his finishing and fitness. When you a winger you need the skill to glide past the defenders coming in from the wing and as fast as Trez is, I think he really lacks that skill (take note of how Grealish moves). He is motivated when on the pitch and shows his heart and we could also say we do not play to his speed nearly enough as we should. We should be sending him on runs down the flank where he has a good chance to outrun his mark. We also should have players running with him to meet his cross, that doesnt happen and by time anyone is up there the cross is stomped out due to a defence reorganisation because we're to slow to act. Ive said over and over through this season that there is a timing problem,  from the time our wingers do beat there man to the time our attackers should be there to meet a cross as quickly as they can. I do think we need better quality midfielders and wingers but it's not as easy to just say we need them, we need to also have them playing in a way that is timed to nearly perfection. We need crosses in as quickly as possible and attackers meeting those crosses before defenders reset, without that it makes us look like we have amateur players attacking.

We also need to hold the ball better in midfield, without that our defence is battered and we will never have the quantity of play we desire or want up front.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I dint know what abuseyour alluding to but if your talking About critising him it might be because he has been consistently poor

Every time Trezeguet loses the ball, all of the fans around me are up in arms. I think that Trezeguet has popped up with some vital goals for us and he cost very little too

20 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Every time Trezeguet loses the ball, all of the fans around me are up in arms. I think that Trezeguet has popped up with some vital goals for us and he cost very little too

To be honest, his only goal that mattered was against Leicester. He scored against Plop, Dingles and Chelski, which we lost all. 

But he’s definitely thankful for the goals and effort, same as Samatta, he scored some goals but we’ve lost those gamed so we can’t consider them vital goals.

Ofcourse the Semi Final one was one to remember.

• Like 1

On 23/03/2020 at 02:47, abdulaziz1 said:

To be honest, his only goal that mattered was against Leicester. He scored against Plop, Dingles and Chelski, which we lost all. 

But he’s definitely thankful for the goals and effort, same as Samatta, he scored some goals but we’ve lost those gamed so we can’t consider them vital goals.

If the season ever gets finished and we stay up or go down on on goal difference we can revisit posts about which goals matter!

Would probably cash in. He'd probably fancy the move given he's played in that country and Beskitas is massive club there that plays in europe most years so would have money for us to get at least 5-6m back given he's proven in Turkish league.

Really not sure what to make of him.

That first Spurs game he was running past their quick back 4 no problem but just couldn't finish. Since then he's had a good knack of getting on end of stuff in six yard box but rest of his wide play been very average.

Mind you El Ghazi has been ridiculously hot and cold aswell (more siberia since xmas) and he's more down the development track imo.

I thought we'd only signed him for about 7m so was surprised it was around 10m. Mind you Watford signed Sarr for 30m and he's only done anything for them from December so shows that sort of fee is pretty low scale nowadays.

Just over a decade ago and it was a record transfer fee for us.

On 23/03/2020 at 06:47, abdulaziz1 said:

Wolves was a last minute consolation. The other two put us in positions to get points in games. He was also ridiculously unlucky not to put us 2-0 up at Old Trafford (played well that day) due to Hourihane's heel being offside.

He has potential. So does AEG. Big thing is do we give them next season to prove themselves and get more inconsistant performances or do we cash in on one and then put that money towards more proven wide player.

31 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He isn’t though, we paid a small fee for him, I think he’s done quite well for us, what were your expectations when we first bought him?

A professional footballer who doesn't have two chins who doesn't get gassed when appearing as a sub in the 77th minute, that doesn't get rinsed for pace by James Ward Prowse and who can play one touch football without knocking someone's gravy and chips over in stand.

Horrendous footballer. Horrendous athlete. Just horrendous.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

A professional footballer who doesn't have two chins who doesn't get gassed when appearing as a sub in the 77th minute, that doesn't get rinsed for pace by James Ward Prowse and who can play one touch football without knocking someone's gravy and chips over in stand.

Horrendous footballer. Horrendous athlete. Just horrendous.

I think you are being very unfair to Trezeguet here

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He isn’t though, we paid a small fee for him, I think he’s done quite well for us, what were your expectations when we first bought him?

He is though. He’s absolutely shit. 

He does pop up with a few goals so I give him credit. But his general play is dreadful. I’d sell him even if we go down. Shite

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He is though. He’s absolutely shit. 

He does pop up with a few goals so I give him credit. But his general play is dreadful. I’d sell him even if we go down. Shite

He's been poor. But there's a lot of players that improve the second season. I think both Trez and Wesley has been so poor it's hard to see they can improve at all, but I think the smartest call is to give them more time. Unless we're in a position where we can replace them with better quality right away. Assuming the FFP stuff still is a thing, I'm not sure we can. Squad depth is needed. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Agent had talks with a club in turkey in the summer apparently according to some papers.

for me no matter what league we are in I’d sell him. Too inconsistent, lazy and not very fit. A flop for me. 

We are continuing to be linked to that Galatasaray CB Luyindama and Galatasaray are continuing to be liked to Trezeguet in Turkish media.

Trade deals are pretty uncommon in football but with all that's happening now who knows. Could all be nonsense of course.

I do hope we manage to sell Trezeguet thou.

Â