Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

5 hours ago, Leeroy said:

All 5 of the Telegraph's key football writers and correspondents have put Konsa in their England squad for Euro 2024: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/03/27/england-euro-2024-squad-mainoo-henderson-palmer-rashford/

I genuinely think he has made a good case to start alongside Stones instead of Maguire, who was lucky not to gift Brazil a goal in the friendly from his poor backpass.

I reckon Southgate might be looking at either Konsa or Guehi to replace Maguire in the team if he doesn't trust him any more, although whether he's actually got the guts to drop him is another matter.

Maguire shouldn't even be on the plane, the 4 centre backs should be Konsa, Stones, Branthwaite, Colwill

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Maguire shouldn't even be on the plane, the 4 centre backs should be Konsa, Stones, Branthwaite, Colwill

And bang there goes Snoozegate's go to attacking tactic - Maguire shoulder riding on set pieces.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'd probably go Stones, Konsa, Guehi, Tomori but Branthwaite would be very close. Colwill I think misses this tournament because of the season he's had but would be in for the world cup. 

Just means no left footed centre back in the squad but I'm not sure that's such a big deal.

Edited by Leeroy

Konsa's such a quiet guy, going about his job, and now 'should' be starting for England. Quality player who has excelled under every manager. 

• Like 2

Konsa has grown so much under Emery. Used to be really timid in possession, always playing it super safe - now he's really come out of his shell. You love to see it. 

• Like 2

Classy operator all match, every match.

Slowly beginning to come round to the idea of him as a right back. He lacks certain things you’d expect in a right back but makes up for it by being an out and out f****** awesome defender. 

• Like 1

I Thought he played with a bit more swagger, yesterday, a bit more belief ( not that he was lacking previously)

I guess an England call up.....can do that.....especially when you play well for them.

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Whatever the intent, it was top-class. From his run into space and the technique on show. 

I think the question to him, " did you mean it" was puny and naive.....Many goals get scored like that.

Do that say that to any questionable goal scored?.....does Ronnie O'Sullivan spend time apologising for flukes?...not likely.

It was effing nit picking and bordered on inferred gas lighting.

My god.....where do they find these interviewers from?

ps He should have said No, I meant it as a pass back to the Goal Keeper.

13 hours ago, lexicon said:

Konsa has grown so much under Emery. Used to be really timid in possession, always playing it super safe - now he's really come out of his shell. You love to see it. 

To be fair he was brave and carried it forward into midfield well under Smith, especially during covid, then lost that for whatever reason. But agreed Emery has brought it back.

Great ball into the danger area that created a goal. It's what players should be doing when they get into decent positions. Moreno, Cash and a few others tend to want to play a perfect pass into one of our players but sometimes you just have to play it into a dangerous area and see what happens, this is exactly what Konsa did. 

Balls driven into the box from the byline is nightmare for defenders and keepers to clear, we have countless chances to do it, Moreno,  but tend to over play it. Just drive the ball low and hard, at best a goal, at the worst a corner or a rushed clearance.

Really is starting to become a good footballing right back let alone Cb.  Developed so much over the last two years that we don't really lack much going forwards when he plays over Cash.  Gives the ball away less too.

Â