Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

46 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he's our best player.

We have a LOT of really good players.

I still think he needs a leader next to him to do the organising but the guy is an absolute rolls royce. Just got better and better and better. 

17 hours ago, spiezels said:

I still think he needs a leader next to him to do the organising but the guy is an absolute rolls royce. Just got better and better and better. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I really can't see Mings being the same player after that injury. I get the feeling it was worse than we're being told.

Based on what? It's not as if they've been hiding his injury from us.

Although tbf even if Mings is back to his best it'll be tough to supplant Konsa.

On 20/04/2024 at 14:03, cheltenham_villa said:

i think Pau will play at left back in the same way Konsa does at right back. But were all guessing. Nice problem to have I think.

The most unlikely scenario. Ez is quick. Pau is slow.  He would get targetted and murdered at fullback. Great footballer but not in that position. In my opinion of course. 

53 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Based on what? It's not as if they've been hiding his injury from us.

Although tbf even if Mings is back to his best it'll be tough to supplant Konsa.

Just the rumours regarding retirement and things like that. He may well fully recover, but I feel like it was worse than expected. He would still be a fine back - up to Torres. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

18 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he's our best player.

We have a LOT of really good players.

I think Sunday's performance was ample evidence that he is far more better for us in the centre of that defence. Anticipation, you can't teach that quality, it's pure instinct. I think Paul McGrath smiles watching Ezri play.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just the rumours regarding retirement and things like that. He may well fully recover, but I feel like it was worse than expected. He would still be a fine back - up to Torres. 

The twitter rumours that he shut down almost immediately because they were completely false? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Konsa and Torres are our best pairing.

I don't think that will change with Mings' return. He will be backup.

If Mings next season plays the 23 games Lenglet has this season, I think that will be fine for everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Konsa and Torres are our best pairing.

I don't think that will change with Mings' return. He will be backup.

Correct.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

If Mings next season plays the 23 games Lenglet has this season, I think that will be fine for everyone.

Don't know...The type of character Mings is I could see him wanting to be playing week in week out in all the crucial games - I could see him wanting to leave tbh. Especially given how much football he's missed out on over the course of his career.

We could feasibly be playing 60 games or so next season if we go deeper in the cups and play CL. Mings would be mad to want to leave that even if he's not 1st choice.
We're a level higher than when he last played for us too to be honest.

On 22/04/2024 at 07:14, spiezels said:

A couple of seasons ago I would have completely agreed with you but not so much now, he matured into a leader in his own right. If he wasn't so versatile in being able to play RB  with such ease and had spent all season as a CB I think some of the top clubs would be falling over themselves to try and sign him come the summer, thankfully he doesn't seem a fashionable choice outside of AVFC!

• Like 1

Â