Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Tyrone Mings

Ezri Konsa

Ollie Watkins

Douglas Luiz

All signings by Smith who are now full internationals with multiple caps (Ezri surely will have even under the clown) for strong nations. Great stuff.

Emi as well was uncapped when he signed 

• Like 1

2 extremely competent performances by Ezri which demonstrated his composure and flexibility.

I've no doubt that Safegate will reward him by picking Dunk (for his decision making) and Gomez (excellent fitness record) in front of him for the Euro's. 

I can just see the press conference now......wank Sky journos lapping up his explanation like the useless cnuts that they are.

• Like 2

Looked totally assured in both his England games, highest rated defender for England on bbc sport, he absolutely should be going to the Euros. 

He'll take Stones and Maguire, and probably Guehi, then I think Konsa will be ahead of Dunk and Tomori. Branthwaite got no minutes so I think he's ahead of him too although he is left footed. Colwill hasn't had great season and not been involved the last couple of camps so I think and hope Konsa will be going and he deserves it, very proud of him. 

Pleased he comfortably held his own (no KW gifs!) on the international scene but still doubt Southgate will take him.

Walker and TAA will be fit then for the right back berths and Southgate will no doubt opt for Maguire, Stones, Guehi, Colwill and probably the current flavour of the month Branthwaite. 

All 5 of the Telegraph's key football writers and correspondents have put Konsa in their England squad for Euro 2024: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/03/27/england-euro-2024-squad-mainoo-henderson-palmer-rashford/

I genuinely think he has made a good case to start alongside Stones instead of Maguire, who was lucky not to gift Brazil a goal in the friendly from his poor backpass.

I reckon Southgate might be looking at either Konsa or Guehi to replace Maguire in the team if he doesn't trust him any more, although whether he's actually got the guts to drop him is another matter.

He's always been excellent 1v1 but now his passing has improved tremendously which a modern top level centre must be able to do. 

Now just gotta work on being better in the air defensively and offensively. 

Its so funny that Konsa and Stones have been England best defenders and both good on the ball

Another reason England wont do anything

I can’t stand Southgate but  even I’m getting a bit bored with the he won’t pick Konsa posts now.  He’s finally got his chance and taken it well. I’d be surprised if he didn’t go to the Euros.

Â