Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

That back four combination has rarely worked.

Konsa and Torres is the best CB partnership we have, Diego and Torres do not work together that well. Even Lenglet seems to give more balance alongside Torres than Diego.

Konsa has been quality this season, hopefully this was just a one off. Hopefully Cash comes back soon.

I know he's out of position but there's literally no excuse for not being 10 yards further up the pitch the majority of the game.

Luiz was either passing to or constantly looking to pass to a Ghost.

Get up the ****ing pitch.

• Like 1

All the goals came down his side, although he’d obviously rather be at centre back than right back. The third goal he really should be stopping that going across for Wissa.

Another of our defenders that is very good on the ball but not reliable defensively.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I know he's out of position but there's literally no excuse for not being 10 yards further up the pitch the majority of the game.

Luiz was either passing to or constantly looking to pass to a Ghost.

Get up the ****ing pitch.

At one point I was screaming at him to run down the right where there was plenty of space when one of our players was looking for the run 

what was he doing on the first goal? Think we'd just cleared a corner for a throw in so Digne was still out on the right, but Konsa didn't react to the situation and put himself in complete no mans land, leaving 3 against 2 in the box. You can see Pau motioning for him to drop in but he never does.

that said, Tielemans and Digne's bodyshape are awful, just inviting the run down the line and obviously going to get caught flat footed.

image.png.19b2266cef9343617a9186f01e183f3f.png

1 hour ago, andym said:

what was he doing on the first goal? Think we'd just cleared a corner for a throw in so Digne was still out on the right, but Konsa didn't react to the situation and put himself in complete no mans land, leaving 3 against 2 in the box. You can see Pau motioning for him to drop in but he never does.

that said, Tielemans and Digne's bodyshape are awful, just inviting the run down the line and obviously going to get caught flat footed.

image.png.19b2266cef9343617a9186f01e183f3f.png

It really is a terrible goal to concede. Despite us being 2-0 up there are more Brentford players attacking than Villa players defending.

Konsa is marking absolutely nobody and the threat is the 3 vs 2. in front our goal. Obviously poor from Digne and both centre backs too.

4 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

That back four combination has rarely worked.

Konsa and Torres is the best CB partnership we have, Diego and Torres do not work together that well. Even Lenglet seems to give more balance alongside Torres than Diego.

Konsa has been quality this season, hopefully this was just a one off. Hopefully Cash comes back soon.

It worked against Man City and Arsenal.at home though.  If I look back at all the goals we conceded with Lenglet in the team I bet its far worse. Today was a offday or just an off few minutes. 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

You should tell Pep and Arteta that.

Their “fullbacks” have a special set of skills that make them 50M+ transfers. 

Konsa can neither invert to CDM and is very so so on the overlap. 

As a purely defensive RB, he’s usually okay but his best position is CB. 

Most say Cash is rubbish in his thread even after he's had decent games.

Kons is a good one on one defender when players are attacking with pace but he's average in all the other aspects from the RB position and second half showed it.

Interesting to see what the plan is going forward with the Serb lad coming in as really next season we need Konsa playing centrally as much as possible.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Most say Cash is rubbish in his thread even after he's had decent games.

Kons is a good one on one defender when players are attacking with pace but he's average in all the other aspects from the RB position and second half showed it.

Interesting to see what the plan is going forward with the Serb lad coming in as really next season we need Konsa playing centrally as much as possible.

Yeah the problem is that he’s a CB. 

And he plays like a CB even at RB. Tends to drift too narrow and doesn’t put an emphasis on blocking the cross. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Yeah the problem is that he’s a CB. 

And he plays like a CB even at RB. Tends to drift too narrow and doesn’t put an emphasis on blocking the cross. 

This all day.

Their 2nd and 3rd came from crosses on his side where he hardly "busted a gut" to stop the cross coming in. Just a lazy leg and a turn of the body in case it might hit you. Sunday league stuff.

Cash often gets stick for his defensive abilities - but he puts his body on the line often to stop those coming in.

I really like Konsa but he was a shambles yesterday. That was League 2 defending we saw. 

The most unforgivable moment was the cross for the 3rd goal. He could and should have closed that cross down. 

He played almost with an air of arrogance which doesn't suit him at all. Hopefully much improved during the week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I really like Konsa but he was a shambles yesterday. That was League 2 defending we saw. 

The most unforgivable moment was the cross for the 3rd goal. He could and should have closed that cross down. 

He played almost with an air of arrogance which doesn't suit him at all. Hopefully much improved during the week. 

I feel like this is where I'm at as well. It's like Brentford lulled him to sleep with that first half of zero attacking. When they picked up the tempo his concern level never really elevated. 

Konsa's weakness is his attacking attributes from RB. He should have easily been able to handle the defensive responsibilities. Needed Mings there to get in his sh*t after that first goal went in. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, duke313 said:

You should tell Pep and Arteta that.

In Arteta case White has played RB permently.Konsa is literally swapping positions from game to game it's bound to effect positional sense ,not to mention the 2cbs also keeps changing.

I think Konsa needs to do more to stop the balls in yesterday but the 2 in middle where no where.

Fh the issues was Bailey was doubled up on and Konsa offered no support.

Yes.yesterdsy I don't know whst happened to him. Caught in no man's land for first. Pathetic attempt to cut our the cross for 2nd. Maybe its mental.fatigue as much as anything. But overall he's done a great job at rb. Wasn't thst long ago many were slagging off Cash for same stuff. Now we need him back. 

Â