Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

There will be some interest in this lad in the Summer. He’s top, top class. He’d suit someone like City perfectly. Would cost a small fortune and doubt we’d sell.

will be an interesting summer, i do wonder that if someone offered 100m for one of our key players, i would imagine we would sell one of them.

Funny really, i never thought i would say that i could imagine more than one of our players being worth 75m+ lol.....what a world.

then again, depends on if this spending tax comes in (in place of FFP), in that scenario, we wouldnt need to sell at all.

Talk this morning of United wanting him. Unless they can sell him some new vision of how they're untended to rise from the ashes (version 17), it's clear that they're broken. He's on the upvhere; first England caps, probably going to a major championships in the summer, European football with us, playing with a manager who has taken him to the next level. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Talk this morning of United wanting him. Unless they can sell him some new vision of how they're untended to rise from the ashes (version 17), it's clear that they're broken. He's on the upvhere; first England caps, probably going to a major championships in the summer, European football with us, playing with a manager who has taken him to the next level. 

I absolutely love the fact that any first team regular at Villa would think it madness to consider moving to United.  Shows how much progress we have made and the vision / plan that we have for the future.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

will be an interesting summer, i do wonder that if someone offered 100m for one of our key players, i would imagine we would sell one of them.

Funny really, i never thought i would say that i could imagine more than one of our players being worth 75m+ lol.....what a world.

then again, depends on if this spending tax comes in (in place of FFP), in that scenario, we wouldnt need to sell at all.

There's been a lot of (mostly horse ****) written about us having to sell players to avoid breaching FFP in the press and in SM.  I think it is pretty clear now that we don't (or at least not any that we want to keep).  Whether any players will push for a move (for more money or a better shot at winning major trophies) or whether we sell because we get an exceptional offer is another matter.  However, I don't think I have ever been as confident in the following:

(1) the owner won't sell a player that the manager wants to keep

(2) if a key player wants to move, we'll have done a pretty good job at trying to persuade them to stay

(3) if a key player is sold, we'll spend the money wisely and minimise the impact as much as is possible

(4) I believe that Monchi / Emery have a list of "replacements" for every single player in the match day squad - so if Player A is sold, we'll have targets already in place and a plan to deal with the situation.

So whilst I don't want us to sell any key players (and I don't expect us to either) - if we do I am 95% certain that I won't go into a complete meltdown and will be confident that we might even start next season with a better team / squad.  M/E and NSWE will have us covered.

I think any talk of big money moves in the prem this summer is wide of the mark. So many clubs are up to the limit on FFP with little to maneovre. Add the fact that several of them clubs would like to make a couple of big money sales to sort out their problem, but I can't see who has the money to start the chain of events. Finding buyers is going to be difficult.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

*England's Ezri Konsa

Premier League rocket polishers, throw some respect on this Kings name.

He's been ropey since he came back from injury

Bullied against Luton for their first, easily beaten for Spurs first and then played the hospital pass for their 2nd, and then all over the place today.

Their first goal, it all starts from them having a throw in on our right, and he's just standing 10 yards inside our box doing nothing, meaning Digne has to stay out on the right and we have one less in the box to defend the cross in.

It's like he forgets he's playing right back , tucks in inside, ball goes wide and he's too late to prevent the cross. Which you can't trust Torres and Carlos to deal with.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I love him but I thought he was poor today. Fed up of seeing him at RB, need Cash back asap.

This - the sooner Konsa gets back in the centre of defence the better.

17 minutes ago, WHY said:

Awful today, he was a big reason we didn’t win. I’m a massive fan but he’s not a right back. 

Has absolutely no attacking quality at all. It slows down our attack as he just holds the ball and passes back or inside. Not helped defensively by Bailey today who seemed very quiet.

• Like 2

Â