Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Knows the guy has him on toast if he runs him, slowed him down, stood him up, given him space to have the ball but no space to use it

He's defended him perfectly 

Shit seeing him blatantly have the brakes on when looking up the pitch though 

Excellent game for England tonight.  While he won’t be a starter in the Euro’s, certainly Southgate will be impressed enough with him to have as back up CB or RB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Excellent game for England tonight.  While he won’t be a starter in the Euro’s, certainly Southgate will be impressed enough with him to have as back up CB or RB.

Said in the match thread I think he's the most natural fit for covering Kyle walker, if England push the LB up and then have the RB drift in to a back 3 then konsa is your man 

Why they do that with the LB rather than the RB with TAA is another matter... 

Dunk also **** up tonight 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said in the match thread I think he's the most natural fit for covering Kyle walker, if England push the LB up and then have the RB drift in to a back 3 then konsa is your man 

They haven’t got a LB to do that though.  Chilwell isn’t the same player anymore, Shaw is always injured and Gomez is the left sided version of Konsa.

Edited by nick76

Just now, nick76 said:

They haven’t got a LB to do that though.  Chilwell isn’t the same player anymore, Shaw is always injured and Gomez to the left sided version of Konsa.

That's why it's bizarre we push the LB up! If you want to do the whole one fullback pushes up shift over to a back 3 thing then you push the RB up, England have several players who can do it

Did see one player rating site give konsa a 4 saying he was too reluctant to push on and we were too defensive - you can see the restraints slapped on him by Southgate 

Just now, villa4europe said:

That's why it's bizarre we push the LB up! If you want to do the whole one fullback pushes up shift over to a back 3 thing then you push the RB up, England have several players who can do it

Did see one player rating site give konsa a 4 saying he was too reluctant to push on and we were too defensive - you can see the restraints slapped on him by Southgate 

Yep Southgate is the Gerrard of International football.

If he could develop a consistent aerial game (from my lips to God's ears) he could absolutely lock down a spot. A speedy CB who can can cover you at RB and present an aerial threat (or even defend aerially) frees up so much of your team.

Of course it's Southgate and he treats freedom like a burden sooooo

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

England don't have a left back, they could play Saka and he would thrive in that role but it wont happen

Ezri played perfectly to his own strengths in that position tonight. Defended very well, stayed deep to cover all their best attacking threats lurking on his side, kept the ball moving without attempting anything risky so that the more talented passers could take possession.

It sounds like Southgate was pleased with him and I imagine he did exactly what was asked of him.

So happy for him to finally get his chance. Well deserved!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

England don't have a left back, they could play Saka and he would thrive in that role but it wont happen

No it won't and it shouldn't, he's our best right winger.

I thought he did really well up against arguably one of the best players in the world atm. He also did this playing out of his natural position. Most players make their debut against 3rd countries, so credit to Konsa for taking it all in his stride. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders129 said:

I think he has a very good shout for the Euros now. Was a very tidy, confident performance against top international opposition. A ball playing RCB as cover for Stones and effective cover for Walker at RB. Well done Ezri 

Agreed, Southgate sounded like he was pleased with him as well. Suppose a lot will depend on fitness of TAA, Trippier, Walker etc as to how much the right back cover matters at the time but he did what he could. Must have a shot of starting against Belgium as well if Walker is anything more than sore?

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I'm sure that's how he started, his debut was a very attacking LB with Grealish ahead of him and they both looked great but then that was dropped 

• Like 1

Â