Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, newhamvilla said:

Serious question, do we think Ezri could do the Stones role for Villa?

Are you asking Konsa to play box-to-box to cover a back 4 of Moreno/Digne-Pau-Carlos-Cash?

I wouldn't say box-to-box, but I'm wondering whether he's got it in his locker to support the midfield in defensively more than he currently has been doing. We're obviously a bit light defensively in midfield. A thought.

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

that is possible personally I would go with Rice/Trent

You just know that div is going to use someone else making it unbalanced like Bellingham, use a right back at left back, play Maguire and let Kane drop deep. Div

I think he's going to change it up and go with Rice and Bellingham and then 3 behind kane, maybe foden maddison and saka 

7 hours ago, newhamvilla said:

Same as RB, I think he could do it but he wouldn't look his best there 

Different to RB though in that I don't think we'll even try it 

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think he's going to change it up and go with Rice and Bellingham and then 3 behind kane, maybe foden maddison and saka 

far too attacking

I liked Konsa at RB, thought he was really good, but that was with Kamara fit and Carlos/Torres as the CB pairing.  

Injuries have killed that off so he needs to get back into the middle. He's hit a bit of a drop in form unfortunately.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I liked Konsa at RB, thought he was really good, but that was with Kamara fit and Carlos/Torres as the CB pairing.  

Injuries have killed that off so he needs to get back into the middle. He's hit a bit of a drop in form unfortunately.  

Very much agree. 

It's made sense at times but we need him at CB.

18 hours ago, newhamvilla said:

I don't think anyone other than city have the quality of players to allow their cb to play cam for half a game 

Could do with a break and, much like Pau, fully overcome any niggles or knocks. Get back to peak fitness, sharpness and form (not quite been at his best lately and unusually nervy).

Pair of them make an excellent CB partnership.

17 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Our best back four is Cash Konsa Pau Digne. We may need to rotate these around but ultimately this should be the go to starter. Konsa much better in the middle. 

Yes but Konsa, Mings, Pau, Digne :D 

Â