Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

He’s one of those underrated players by us and fans of other clubs. Goes about his business excellently, rarely receives the plaudits - but is class. Mad to think he’s only 25. Emery clearly rates him and I can just see him going from strength to strength. 

If I was Konsa I’d be pledging my allegiance to Portugal as clearly not in knobnoses thoughts. 

He's a worry without Mings.

Been a regular at this level for four years now but get the feeling he's one of those that will shrink a bit without a leader/vocal presence alongside him keeping him switched on, terrible error for 3rd which pretty much finished the match there and then.

Pau needs to settle in and I assume his English isn't great so CB is a bit of a worry now in terms of how that combination goes and Diego is coming off a year out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think his performance was that bad but that one mistake was absolutely shocking and ruined any chance we had of getting back into the game

I thought he looked terrified out there when mings went off. Very worrying for me. His  mistake was just pure dog shit and such a easy one to avoid which is really frustrating 

22 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He crumbles without a leader alongside him.

Came here to post same thing.

I like Konsa, but he’s 25 now and as a centre back he needs to start developing that leadership and team perspective as he grows into a senior pro.

With Mings gone, he now has a big test. It’s an opportunity for him to mature as a player. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

He cost one goal with a mistake, but other than that was fine...good even. We fell apart as a team. 

Yes and the mistake was a bit unlucky, he actually did all the right things positionally and then just screwed up the execution in a key moment. It happens.

• Like 1

Made an awful error for the third goal which can happen but it was at a crucial time in the match and he only needed to knock it out of play, he was good last season but without Mings he has always struggled. I wonder whether Emery might try Diego Calos and Torres as a partnership.

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

He cost one goal with a mistake, but other than that was fine...good even. We fell apart as a team. 

I dont think he was that bad overall though the mistake did pretty much kill the game for us

The mistake I don’t mind, but the panicky way he plays without Mings remains. 

I think that’s mainly due to trying to play outside of himself when Mings is out, to try and do “more.” He needs to trust Pau, with time, and play his normal game. 

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Not really what’s happened, though. People are worried about what he can do without Mings next to him.

Ezri has come on leaps and bounds under Unai. To say that he can't perform without Tyrone is doing him a disservice, as he never had another quality CB to play alongside when playing without the big man.

Now we have both Carlos and Pau, two players that have been successful in their respective careers.

His mistake yesterday was poor, but who knows how much Tyrone's injury affected him (and the rest of the team). All the players need our backing, and an opening day shocker against a very good team is not a good sample size for us to learn an awful lot.

• Like 2

Â