Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

58 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Transfermarkt says he has 3 years with the option of 1 more so not sure it needs renewing yet?

Ah okay. Has he signed a new contract since joining? I'd missed that completely!

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I wonder how close he is for an England call up? Surely he’s in the mix this international break. All the injuries and he’s been playing well. If he doesn’t get a call up now, he should get that Portuguese passport 

He is 1 Maguire away from getting called up. 

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I wonder how close he is for an England call up? Surely he’s in the mix this international break. All the injuries and he’s been playing well. If he doesn’t get a call up now, he should get that Portuguese passport 

He’s eligible for Dr Congo & Angola through his parents we don’t know if he ever really considered Portugal as he has no true connection to it  , Angola was a Portuguese colony so  Konsa's eligibility is merely based on the fact that his mother is Angolan and qualifies for Portuguese  nationality due to a decree dating back to 1975, thus making Konza the son a portuguese national and therefore eligible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s eligible for Dr Congo & Angola through his parents we don’t know if he ever really considered Portugal as he has no true connection to it  , Angola was a Portuguese colony so  Konsa's eligibility is merely based on the fact that his mother is Angolan and qualifies for Portuguese  nationality due to a decree dating back to 1975, thus making Konza the son a portuguese national and therefore eligible.

Football is a great source to learn things by osmosis

• Like 1

His skill on the ball just gets better and better. At least a couple of times against Burnely he waltzed past a player like they weren't there. Probably our most important defender at the moment.

i think he fits the RB / inside centre back role perfectly.

subject to any new signings, i would honestly go with Moreno - Pau - Carlos - Konsa right now.

Obviously different needs for different games, but as a base, i think it would work really well.

36 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If he can’t get called up now with stones and Mings injured then he’s never getting called up 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Pointless discussion in all honesty.

It's W***gate we're talking about here. He would sooner select Harry Maguire on crutches than select Konsa or any Villa player.

clearing in the woods.

Joe Gomez will be next up...

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's so much better on the ball now it's crazy. I remember when we signed him that was supposed to be his strength, but it was nowhere to be seen. 

Except the legendary goal against Watford.

• Haha 1

Â