Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Not all players can be firing all the time. Mings and Konsa having a bit of a downturn in form but both I would say have plenty of credits in the bank. 

They’ll find it again, and during this downturn in form we’ve still got a draw at United a couple wins, and a draw to Leeds. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/02/2022 at 10:23, spiezels said:

Not all players can be firing all the time. Mings and Konsa having a bit of a downturn in form but both I would say have plenty of credits in the bank. 

They’ll find it again, and during this downturn in form we’ve still got a draw at United a couple wins, and a draw to Leeds. 

Konsa might be finding it somewhere else !

(There's only one Joe Gomez !,)

• Like 1

I find it weird that Konsa and Watkins, two of our best players last season have been so poor or average this season.

Luiz and McGinn have recently seemed to decide to join the race if who can be the worst player this season.

I think out of the underperforming players Konsa is still the best and likeliest to recover his form.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

I find it weird that Konsa and Watkins, two of our best players last season have been so poor or average this season.

Luiz and McGinn have recently seemed to decide to join the race if who can be the worst player this season.

I think out of the underperforming players Konsa is still the best and likeliest to recover his form.

Easily. Watkins problems are also dictated by the change in formation and personnel around him and he’s been out of form for nearly the entire season.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

football insider is reporting that we are looking to sell Konsa..... not that they are that reputable 

They’re not reliable at all. I do think we would be open to silly offers on him though as he has about 3 years left on his contract so we would make a hefty profit. I just want to see him return to last seasons form.

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

football insider is reporting that we are looking to sell Konsa..... not that they are that reputable 

No, not reputable. But simply by guessing one could make the argument, since we’ve apparently decided to bring in at least one new centre-back and SG, allegedly, likes his CBs to be good passers and ball players.

21 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

No, not reputable. But simply by guessing one could make the argument, since we’ve apparently decided to bring in at least one new centre-back and SG, allegedly, likes his CBs to be good passers and ball players.

If only he felt the same way about his midfielders 

• Haha 3

If you have to sell one of Konsa or Mings, dispite Mings being the most maligned Konsa is the easiest to replace. Mings leadership qualities and ball playing is above Konsa, he is also left footed. The quickest way to improve our defense is a DM that can defend. The second fastest is to replace Konsa with a better all round player. Not sure Gomez is the answer as he is a bit injury prone, and i think we shoud be going for a player with leadership qualities, better ball playing abilities as well as being a good defender.

I wouldn't sell Konsa though. I think 5 cb's with 4 of them being able to cover one of the full back positions and one that also covers DM is nice depth to have. 3 quality CB's competing for two spots plus 2 good back up is the way to go. If we sign Gomez it would be foolish to sell Konsa with his injury record.

10 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Well there are many reasons. Under Gerrard it's because we don't do a flat back 4 with two holding midfielders like we had last season. That solid 6 man defensive unit got so many clean sheets. 

We now have the fullbacks up the pitch and a 3 man midfield spread across the pitch. So instead of Targett / Cash helping the CBs we've Ramsey and McGinn. The drop off in defensive attributes there is big. We also have Luiz on his own to protect the CBs. 

So Mings/Konsa are not getting anywhere near the protection they had last season. 

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'm sure we'd be open to offers for many of our players. Especially players like Konsa and Hause. It's a certainty that Gerrard will bring in a ball playing CB this summer like Gomez. 

Anyone else think he had a bit more license today? Took some pressure off Mings (from being closed down as the only pass we would make) and they both benefitted as a whole. Helped having the full backs closer to them to actually pass to, also.

• Like 1

Â