Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Monumentally stupid last night - Gerrard will not tolerate that all. Probably for the best he sits Newcastle out. Got a lot of the basics wrong last night. Sometimes it happens in football, everything just goes wrong and your tempers get the best of you. His form has been lacklustre for awhile now. He will bounce back. Just hope this is a wake up call. 

Last season he was our best defender and should have had an England call up over Godfrey and White. 

This season he has regressed (maybe the England snub affected him psychologically) and he's been nowhere near it.

Both our CBs are weak in different ways - Mings makes too mistakes and errors leading to goals, and Konsa hides when we're under pressure.

It's dramatic to say we need to replace both but I think one starting CB needs to come in next season.

People want to have a go at Mings because he's an easier target. But Mings is at least there stopping things, making mistakes too. Konsa is just bad, anonymous. 

Hopefully we keep a clean sheet on Sunday and Konsa is dropped for a while. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wurzel said:

He is never going to get that England call up with his attitude at the moment, and with performances like last night. Really let the side down.

Maybe he thinks thats how Southgate will call him. Imitating the Maguire performances

As soon as he was megged by James for the goal he was terrified of him.

Positionally, the worst I've seen him play.  Honestly, look at the goals and look where he is for them, hiding.  Mings was at least trying to get on the end of things, trying to block, get his head or foot on stuff, Konsa is just ball watching.. absolutely amateur to be honest, really disappointed in him last night and he's been almost cockily assured previously.  Must to much better.  To get sent off at the end was absolutely idiotic, even if he is trying to stop a quick counter..

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Last season he was our best defender and should have had an England call up over Godfrey and White. 

This season he has regressed (maybe the England snub affected him psychologically) and he's been nowhere near it.

Both our CBs are weak in different ways - Mings makes too mistakes and errors leading to goals, and Konsa hides when we're under pressure.

It's dramatic to say we need to replace both but I think one starting CB needs to come in next season.

One CB coming in that stands a chance of starting is needed. Konsa and Mings have zero pressure on their starting place. They pick themselves every week as there is no viable alternative. It will breed complaceny and the errors that follow.

Unless Chambers turns out to be a secret gem, unlikely, we do need someone that can put pressure on Konsa and Mings.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Konsa was absymal yesterday.  I really awful showing.  Glad he is banned as gerrard can show if you play crap your out the team. A good chance for chambers 

Yeah, Mings made mistakes but at least he was there impacting play, he was unfortunate for the first goal I think. Mings stood up and just had a few errors which he hasn't done under Gerrard yet. 

Konsa just seems to shirk from the game and never seems to be impacting it. He also doesn't do the playing out from the back, Mings is tasked with that. I'm looking forward to Mings and Chambers together next week, if we keep a clean sheet that should be the partnership going forward 

Edited by CVByrne
typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah, Mings made mistakes but at least he was there impacting play, he was unfortunate for the first goal I think. Mings stood up and just had a few errors which he hasn't done under Gerrard yet. 

Konsa just seems to shirk from the game and never seems to be impacting it. He also doesn't do the playing out from the back, Mings is tasked with that. I'm looking forward to Konsa and Chambers together next week, if we keep a clean sheet that should be the partnership going forward 

Yeah im starting to see this. Mings is more involves in games therefore likely to make  mistakd. Konsa seems to be playing it "safe" alot hence why mistakes not being made as often as mings.

Dont get me wrong some of mistakes errors were poor, but i think people are starting to see konsa isnt as good as we think he is. Yes he is a very good cb but he has many flaws in his game which are seeing recently.

Mings and chambers hopefully be a good cb pairing. 

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Konsa just seems to shirk from the game and never seems to be impacting it. He also doesn't do the playing out from the back, Mings is tasked with that. I'm looking forward to Konsa and Chambers together next week, if we keep a clean sheet that should be the partnership going forward 

Mings and Chambers?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Chambers having a good game next one out (assuming he plays rather than Hause) will be very good for us and Ezri - he needs a kick up the arse. 

I joked in his thread but a fit in form Chambers is probably our best CB, pelters coming I know it but lets just see if he starts. Good player.

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Konsa was absymal yesterday.  I really awful showing.  Glad he is banned as gerrard can show if you play crap your out the team. A good chance for chambers 

Mmm Watkins has been playing weekly. Ings last start alone he scored and then Watkins back in

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

I joked in his thread but a fit in form Chambers is probably our best CB, pelters coming I know it but lets just see if he starts. Good player.

Be interesting to see how he fits in - he's an experienced head and with Ty doing so much of the work next to him, he should be fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Be interesting to see how he fits in - he's an experienced head and with Ty doing so much of the work next to him, he should be fine. 

Well we will probably see Mings/Chambers against Newcastle with Konsa suspended.  He's lucky it was a second yellow, could have been a straight red.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah im starting to see this. Mings is more involves in games therefore likely to make  mistakd. Konsa seems to be playing it "safe" alot hence why mistakes not being made as often as mings.

Dont get me wrong some of mistakes errors were poor, but i think people are starting to see konsa isnt as good as we think he is. Yes he is a very good cb but he has many flaws in his game which are seeing recently.

Mings and chambers hopefully be a good cb pairing. 

It's that simple, if Mings is involved in twice as much play as Konsa he should statistically make more mistakes in a game. Also Mings organises the defence and shows up game after game. Mings detractors always point to the mistakes, but the issue is all players make mistakes and when your CB makes them they are always the most costly as the area of the pitch they occur in.

If we do get Gomez from Liverpool it'll be a quality partnership with Mings I feel. 

Edited by CVByrne

Â