Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mmm Watkins has been playing weekly. Ings last start alone he scored and then Watkins back in

I agree, watkins should be dropped.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

It's that simple, if Mings is involved in twice as much play as Konsa he should statistically make more mistakes in a game. Also Mings organises the defence and shows up game after game. Mings detractors always point to the mistakes, but the issue is all players make mistakes and when your CB makes them they are always the most costly as the area of the pitch they occur in.

If we do get Gomez from Liverpool it'll be a quality partnership with Mings I feel. 

I like gomez i think he is a top cb.

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What about second sentence?

He missed 39 games of Liverpool’s matches  last  season with an injury a significant injury, Ben Mee snapped his ankle the (18/19)  season, so hasn’t really been easy for him.

• Like 1

If anyone would gamble on Gomez to be the answer to the defensive shambles on show last night then their wrong, very wrong. Konsa has proven himself over 2 seasons and so has Mings and Martinez, ( Ming's does have occasional moments) last night was a defensive horror show, not just the goals we offered Leeds countless opportunities to create from nothing , just simple through balls.

If we continue to allow opposition unopposed possession on the around  our area then we are going to leak goals.  

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

He missed 39 games of Liverpool’s matches  last  season with an injury a significant injury, Ben Mee snapped his ankle the (18/19)  season, so hasn’t really been easy for him.

played a total of 15 minutes in the league this season, started 3 league cup games and 1 CL game, he's firmly 4th choice

liverpool know

He was positionally all over the shop last night. Getting drawn out when he should stay and staying when he should close down. His little fumble around their keeper that resulted in the second yellow was driven by frustration at his own performance. Rough day at the office. 

When both he and Mings are off it, and the middle of the pitch looks marshmallow soft, we're in trouble. That's what happened in the second half last night. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Massively at fault for the second goal also - how does he allow himself to be done by that back heel? He just gives up. 

Yeah too easy for Leeds guy to get the cross in.

Big issue with second though is 2ft Dan James scoring a header. It was a total mess and cost us the win with the timing.

• Like 1

Â