Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

• 2 weeks later...

First one to moan first one to dig people out ...does absolutely nothing. Takes no responsibility. Absolutely gutless on the ball. Refuses to pass forward into feet even a marginally risky pass is a no go.

Just let someone else do it.

Hopefully he's dropped for the last few months. Sick to death of it.

When I was 10 I was taught a very simple lesson as a defender: Get your body behind the ball.

Konsa almost scored an own goal by not doing that - and he had the time to step across, twist and take that off the chest/gut.

Prefer Chambers.

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I feel like we missed Chambers ability to pick a pass through that midfield. Konsa's sideways passing when our entire defence was being pressured by the Arsenal attackers did not help matters.

Oh and the almost own goal was just terrible defending.

He looked quite rusty. Would love to know what SGs reasoning was for starting him over Calum who has been playing well.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I feel like we missed Chambers ability to pick a pass through that midfield. Konsa's sideways passing when our entire defence was being pressured by the Arsenal attackers did not help matters.

Ball playing centre backs with composure are great to have in games like this, against teams that press high. Not saying we’d have won if Chambers played but it wouldn’t have hurt.

4 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

He looked quite rusty. Would love to know what SGs reasoning was for starting him over Calum who has been playing well.

Injury

21 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

This is why Konsa will not get a big move or an England call up. Mings is the superior player 

Don’t get why Chambers was dropped. Maybe because it was his old club?

Always liked Konsa but have felt he’s been a bit overhyped around here. Still young for a centre back but if he wants to be a top six player in the future he needs to massively work on his on the ball ability.

• 2 weeks later...
Â