Matt Targett

villan-scott

11 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

If we can get anywhere near £20-25mill for him, sell and get Rico Henry 

So sell our experienced fullback, and replace him with Rico Henry, leaving us with Taylor as back up?

Will we really have improved overall?

I don't disagree with signing Henry but to compete with Targett.

• Like 4

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So sell our experienced fullback, and replace him with Rico Henry, leaving us with Taylor as back up?

Will we really have improved overall?

I don't disagree with signing Henry but to compete with Targett.

It's debatable but sell Targett for £25mill, buy Henry for £10mill and spend the extra £15mill somewhere else. Thing with Taylor is although he's awful, hasn't been that bad when he's come on this season. We don't have the luxury to have stud replacements at every position. I like Targett, although he's very very slow, is a solid left back for this league. Problem I have is he's a walking sick note. How many times this season did he come off with and injury? Remember when he was even sick on the pitch? 😂  If anyone is offering upwards of £20mill I'd accept. 

Nah, please keep Targett!

Like a lot of full backs in the PL, he's solid enough at defending but is probably more effective going forward.  I think the £15m or so we paid for him last season was money well spent.

Expect him to be even better this season in a settled team.

Also with us knowing Leicester having £50m to spend, they would probably have to offer £25m - £30m to even get us to the table.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

It's debatable but sell Targett for £25mill, buy Henry for £10mill and spend the extra £15mill somewhere else.

Jamal Lewis. Jamal + Rico > Taylor + Targett. 

Happy with that. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

its sell to buy

What the actual **** how and where the hell in the real world of rational thought did you get that from...we broke? 

Edited by thabucks

19 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

its sell to buy

Overall, you're like an extreme, less thoughtful villalad if villalad actually supported Birmingham and this was a Birmingham City forum. But it isn't. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 2

Â