Matt Targett

villan-scott

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Lahm is a right back but yeah definitely missed evra. I was thinking of a united lb before Shaw but I just thought of a ton valencia who was their right back. But seriously there really isn't any great left backs right now. 

Being a modern left back must be one of the hardest jobs in the game.  Got to be fit enough to bomb up and down the wing for 90 minutes, good positioning and tackling ability whilst creating chances, almost certainly need to be left footed which is a minority of players to begin with.  I think Targett is pretty good all things considered.

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Lahm is a right back but yeah definitely missed evra. I was thinking of a united lb before Shaw but I just thought of a ton valencia who was their right back. But seriously there really isn't any great left backs right now. 

Lahm played more than 200 games at LB, he was extremely versatile thou so he played even more at RB and also quite a few in various midfield roles.

16 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Being a modern left back must be one of the hardest jobs in the game.  Got to be fit enough to bomb up and down the wing for 90 minutes, good positioning and tackling ability whilst creating chances, almost certainly need to be left footed which is a minority of players to begin with.  I think Targett is pretty good all things considered.

Agree, it might be one of the hardest positions to find quality players for, there aren't that many players who have all those attributes. Finding a good modern right back is already hard enough 

On 20/07/2020 at 03:45, MotoMkali said:

Isn't Gaya at Valencia fulflling his potential? He was always highly rated.

On 20/07/2020 at 03:45, MotoMkali said:

Isn't Gaya at Valencia fulflling his potential? He was always highly rated.

He failed to cut out most of Arsenals crosses, just left them for Mings in the box.

stood off and turned his back.....defensively poor for me.

The rest of the team was magnificent......best performance all season.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's a pretty good player, and he played well tonight.

Watch it back.....arsenals crosses was raining in, from his side, he just stood off and turned his head......don't take my word, watch it back.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Great going forward. Defending scares the hell out of me.

He was the only player for me tonight that was Meh.

Edited by TRO

Â