Matt Targett

villan-scott

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

The way some people are talking about this "unusual" lack of transfers, it's as if they're not aware that the world has taken a violent left turn earlier in the year and we're in the midst of a worldwide pandemic that has affected how everything works...

i dont believe you will ferrell GIF

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Targett isn't good enough for Leicester this is garbage clickbait!

Probably but there isn't much else to talk about so we may as well chew the cud over this hypothetical 

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Fair enough....won't accept anything under 30 mil future England LB!!

Well if the club thinks it can get it after all he would be a replacement for a 50m sale I just can't see us getting a lesser player than him with that money and a pretty decent chance it is an improvement

Alex Grimaldo from Benfica is apparently available for 30m a vastly superior player.

Edited by paul514

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Targett is underrated by many. He needs a bit of work no doubt but he can be a very good LB for us. 

He’s very skilful but also pretty delicate. Would definitely like a solid back up, either Henry or Lewis & happily move him on if we could get both. 

Edited by Awol

Jack is more effective when he has Targett and Hourihane in that triangle with him on the left as the defenders know a decent ball in can come from any of them so they can't just focus on him all the time.  No chance we will be selling Targett right now.

I'm not a huge fan. If they give us 10% more than we paud for him i'd snap their hand off, i think we over paid in the first place. I think it's possible he could improve but i'm not confident enough to want to see us turn that down. Can't honestly see anyone going for him at the moment anyway though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

There's only 1 thing to take from the headline that Leicester "allegedly" want Matt Targett.....

... and that is that Targett is rated higher than we, as Villa fans, give him credit for.

My thoughts exactly.

It's what makes me NOT want to sell him even more.

My main issue with him, is his injury record.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChinlessWonder said:

I'm not a huge fan. If they give us 10% more than we paud for him i'd snap their hand off, i think we over paid in the first place. I think it's possible he could improve but i'm not confident enough to want to see us turn that down. Can't honestly see anyone going for him at the moment anyway though.

If they doubled it then yes, otherwise I won’t sell him. One of our most creative players.

• Thanks 1

Just now, juanpabloangel18 said:

Vastly underrated IMO, one of the league's most creative FB's (check the stats), and selling him would leave a gaping hole in the team. Let's hope Leicester look elsewhere

"ThAt'S BeCaUsE He PlAyS BeHiNd GrEaLiSh!!!!!  AnYoNe CaN GeT StAtS pLaYiNg BeHiNd JaCk*!!!"

*Except Neil Taylor...  Apparently he's too "sHiT"

We won't want to be seen to be losng one of our first teamers to a team like Leicester City, sends out completely the wrong message, unless they make a ridiculously good offer there's no way we'd accept the bid.

27 minutes ago, ChinlessWonder said:

I find this opinion bizarre. 

You’d want to sell our first choice left back meaning we’d have to buy another one, in a window where it doesn’t appear we’ll be doing MUCH business for a 10% profit?

I don’t get it. Even if you don’t rate him I don’t get that. 

each to their own 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ChinlessWonder said:

Terrible business which would make me WONDER if you're only CHINLESS.

I agree that we did overpay for him.

However, valuation and supposed "interest" would probably suggest that he had a higher ceiling than we give him credit for, and/or are yet to see, which the coaching staff might have.

ALSO, just like with every other player, should do better with another years experience under his belt, the other players in the team having the same, PLUs having better players around him overall.

• Like 1

Â