Matt Targett

villan-scott

13 minutes ago, peterw said:

agreed. the two players who have really stood out have been targett and Luiz. i think hause also deserves plaudits for his defending. Goal against Newcastle aside...

He was also extremely lucky not to be punished for that suicidal pass across the face of the goal that went sraight to a Sheff Utd player. A better striker would have buried that. 

I think it is telling that saint-maximan a natural left winger was playing as a right winger against us. It is because targett is just so bad defensively. We desperately need guilbert back and someone to reace targett. Every time a team attacks down the right I have a heart attack because I know targett can't tackle or block crosses. 

I actually think he is pretty good when he is on form, and him and Jack have a lethal link up.

He has potential, but again, for the price we paid for him, it is criminal.

There is no way there were no immediately more suitable Left Backs available for 14 mill.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought he looks one of our better players. From an attacking sense at least. Surprising how differently we all the see the game

Yeah but from a defensive sense he is our worst player and I'm including el ghazi and trezeguet in that. If he plays against Liverpool, wolves and United we will be torn to shreds.

He is also terrible attacking since the restart. I think people are remembering how fresh he looked when he replaced Taylor but now he is just so so bad. 

• Confused 2

I genuinely think that a Targett is the best left back since Bouma. It is taking a bit of time to settle but it took Wilf a season to find his feet and he was coming into a decent settled team. 
We are only a few players and a decent coach away from being competitive in the PL. Targett is a key part of that.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah but from a defensive sense he is our worst player and I'm including el ghazi and trezeguet in that. If he plays against Liverpool, wolves and United we will be torn to shreds.

He is also terrible attacking since the restart. I think people are remembering how fresh he looked when he replaced Taylor but now he is just so so bad. 

I think he looks a decent player, lot to learn but much better than Taylor with room to grow.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I think it is telling that saint-maximan a natural left winger was playing as a right winger against us. It is because targett is just so bad defensively. We desperately need guilbert back and someone to reace targett. Every time a team attacks down the right I have a heart attack because I know targett can't tackle or block crosses. 

He was playing on their left wing against us. 

Left midfield technically. Although both him and Ritchie ended up concentrating their attack on our left hand side so it looked more like he was playing right wing. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

I'm not sure how he is justifying any criticism since the games restarted. teams have noticeable targeted the left side, not because of Targett but because he often is exposed due to out attacking usually coming down the left leaving gaps. He was excellent against Chelsea and was often 2 against one. newcastle pulled the same tactic out but we coped with it better because they didn't have the Chelsea players to expose  it. 

yes targett and Jack combine brilliantly down the left but its also a weakness. Targett has been one of our better players in the last 3 games and wins a phenomenal amount of balls in the air. 

• Like 1

I like him like I said before. I think he’s one of our better players. 

I don’t understand people wanting Guilbert to come back ahead of Targett. Guilbert is a bit quick. That’s about as positive I can be about him. 

Targett’s done well. If we keep him when we go down he’ll be fantastic in the Championship

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I'm 43 and I would get past Targett so Traoré will easily tear him a brand new shit box. 

Traore skips past anyone so Targett will need plenty of help with him.

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

Hope he proves me wrong but fair play for making Warnock look like Roberto Carlos 

What?

Edit: I guess you mean in terms or fragility.

Edited by Tom13

Â