Matt Targett

villan-scott

Targett is poor defensively, but links up with Jack well and gives us something going forward. Taylor the complete opposite. Competent defensively, useless going forward.

Is it that hard to find a left back who is competent of both facets of the position?

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Khizzy said:

Given our current problems, Targett should have been playing higher up the pitch with Taylor as the LB - not ideal but at least Taylor is able to defend and Targett can deliver a half decent cross unlike our other two main wingers.

Taylor got injured in the last game

14 hours ago, Hornso said:

Targett is poor defensively, but links up with Jack well and gives us something going forward. Taylor the complete opposite. Competent defensively, useless going forward.

Is it that hard to find a left back who is competent of both facets of the position?

Money money money.

14 hours ago, Hornso said:

They dont exist anymore. Even elite clubs struggle.

• Thanks 1

On 17/07/2020 at 17:59, rodders0223 said:

They dont exist anymore. Even elite clubs struggle.

What Jordi Alba, Marcelo and David Alaba are the last of the great left backs. City are left with Benjamin Mendy for goodness sake. 

On 17/07/2020 at 00:09, Mazrim said:

His awareness in our own box is terrible.

He allegedly said that we may go down because the strikers are not scoring enough goals.

after conceding 66 goals, i think that is a bit rich.

On 17/07/2020 at 17:54, Sulberto21 said:

Money money money.

Is Enda Stevens better or Phil Bardsley?

was Matt Lowton better?

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

What Jordi Alba, Marcelo and David Alaba are the last of the great left backs. City are left with Benjamin Mendy for goodness sake. 

Jordi Alba is finished, Alaba is playing centre half now and Marcelo is in a rotation system now at Real with Mendy

I think maybe Theo Hernandez will turn out be the best left back about in the next couple of seasons 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jordi Alba is finished, Alaba is playing centre half now and Marcelo is in a rotation system now at Real with Mendy

I think maybe Theo Hernandez will turn out be the best left back about in the next couple of seasons 

Exactly the last of them. They are too old to be great any more but of the generation of great Lbs they are the last. Ashley Cole, Abidal, Alba, Alaba and Marcelo. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Exactly the last of them. They are too old to be great any more but of the generation of great Lbs they are the last. Ashley Cole, Abidal, Alba, Alaba and Marcelo. 

yeah of course

missing Evra and Philip Lahm as well and maybe couple others

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

yeah of course

missing Evra and Philip Lahm as well and maybe couple others

Lahm is a right back but yeah definitely missed evra. I was thinking of a united lb before Shaw but I just thought of a ton valencia who was their right back. But seriously there really isn't any great left backs right now. 

Â