Matt Targett

villan-scott

The tactics suited him well. Rather than ending up isolated on the wing one-on-one against a faster player, which happened many times earlier this year, Gerrard's tactic to funnel players down the wings meant that he was essentially at the back of a cul-de-sac where his tackling could be used without getting burned by pace.

So strange. This sort of form earlier in the season and we may have had three more wins. 

I wonder if having JJ close to him and making his first thought a defensive one has reassured him and made the difference.

I just can't see him being anything else but a backup option under Gerrard long term.

He is still relying on last ditch sliding tackles to bail him out because of lack of pace. It isn't sustainable.

Be amazed if we don't sign a new left back in the summer.

These female commentators really are hopeless the one I was listening too describing the goal 

"He takes a good first touch" !

I like target more than most. His form nosedived without Jack in front of him. But now the midfield is functioning again his form has picked up again.

24 minutes ago, hippo said:

These female commentators really are hopeless the one I was listening too describing the goal 

"He takes a good first touch" !

I like target more than most. His form nosedived without Jack in front of him. But now the midfield is functioning again his form has picked up again.

It was a good first touch. Whether he meant it or not, it was perfect. Got it under control while taking it away from the defender at the same time, if it was anywhere nearer to the defender, he's either not getting a shot off at all or it's being blocked.

And I think he did at least sort of mean it as he sort of spins it into a position to hit it.

• Like 1

Â