Matt Targett

villan-scott

27 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Been utterly dreadful all season, depressing he’s nailed on to start. He’s been defensively appalling - slow, never close to his man, gets overlapped all the time.

But yeah looks emotionally done in that interview. Smith has lost them.

How do s he go from being our most improved and consistent player last season? To regressing back to his worst?

He was immense last season.

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How do s he go from being our most improved and consistent player last season? To regressing back to his worst?

He was immense last season.

He's another who got injured during our shitshow of a preseason and he never recovered since he got destroyed by Sarr first game.

• Like 1

The interview was uncomfortable. He spoke well and it’s obviously much better to see a player actually care than be blasé or arrogant but he seems defeated. I know we actually had just been defeated but he seems mentally drained and completely devoid of confidence.

We need them to fight not mope. Have a bit of self belief, guts, determination. Hopefully that will come over the next couple of weeks.

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The interview was uncomfortable. He spoke well and it’s obviously much better to see a player actually care than be blasé or arrogant but he seems defeated. I know we actually had just been defeated but he seems mentally drained and completely devoid of confidence.

We need them to fight not mope. Have a bit of self belief, guts, determination. Hopefully that will come over the next couple of weeks.

It will come with a new manager 😜

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

He is definitely hurting.

You can also imagine that, some of them actually do love Dean, and appreciate him giving them the opportunity, so will also feel like they are failing him, and could possibly be responsible for him eventually losing his job.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

watching him this season, and even in the recent training video, i could swear he is overweight and not entirely fit.

He wasnt fit to start the season and its gone downhill since

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

watching him this season, and even in the recent training video, i could swear he is overweight and not entirely fit.

Him and McGinn both seem to struggle a bit with their weight. They both need to be in peak condition to be effective but both seem to have prolonged periods where peak fitness eludes them. I suspect Stevie G will have a bit to say about that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

The prospect of him coming up against Lamptey this weekend is a bit scary given how sluggish he has looked this season.

he has had one league start in a year. might be one player Targett is fitter than at the moment

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would like to see Young start on Saturday. I think Targett needs to sit a few out and play  a few U23 games to get his confidence back.

Suppose it depends on the player but I would think being demoted like that would drain even more confidence.  

16 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would like to see Young start on Saturday. I think Targett needs to sit a few out and play  a few U23 games to get his confidence back.

Ashley Young has no place being in a PL 18 yet alone starting a PL football game.

On 06/11/2021 at 12:15, Brumstopdogs said:

Agree with most of what he says to be honest.

He’s a easy guy to get annoyed at in games and unfairly scapegoat, I’m guilty of this and after watching this interview the young man clearly gives a toss it just hasn’t been happening for him, looking forward to seeing improvement under The new management now

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 4

Â