Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm in the worst place for hospitality. Doug Ellis.

Why are all the things they implement everywhere else. I know it's space but maybe even try? Our season ticket costs the same as everywhere else?

Sat in Trinity lower for the cup for the first time in years. There is new food options, a huge selection of beverages, they've given it a make over.

Doug Ellis hasn't been touched. The toilets dont even work half the time and the taps still don't **** turn off wasting God knows how much water every game.

I’d argue upper Holte is the worst 

51 minutes ago, spiezels said:

I walked into the lower Holte 20 mins before KO, and no exaggeration, from tapping in at the turnstile to taking a sip of beer was 60 seconds. 

Worked a treat. 🙌🏼

I would normally gnash my teeth about people being out of work due to this kind of thing; not here. Huge step forward. 

1 hour ago, spiezels said:

I walked into the lower Holte 20 mins before KO, and no exaggeration, from tapping in at the turnstile to taking a sip of beer was 60 seconds. 

Worked a treat. 🙌🏼

It was like I got my Christmas present delayed, a beer at half time without missing the start of the 2nd half.

• Like 1

On 26/12/2022 at 21:28, avfc1982am said:

Quite brilliant the new system in the lower Holte for food and drinks. They've replaced the need to queue once with you now having to queue twice. Genius. 

Except it takes about a quarter of the time to get served. So who cares about the logistics?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm in the worst place for hospitality. Doug Ellis.

Why are all the things they implement everywhere else. I know it's space but maybe even try? Our season ticket costs the same as everywhere else?

Sat in Trinity lower for the cup for the first time in years. There is new food options, a huge selection of beverages, they've given it a make over.

Doug Ellis hasn't been touched. The toilets dont even work half the time and the taps still don't **** turn off wasting God knows how much water every game.

I take it you're in Witton Upper ? Just too cramped to install that stuff really.

I do think a Villa app makes sense. Order whatever you want at any point of the game, get a code and then show it at the bar when you rock it and it should already be prepared if the wifi is working (which is another issue in many parts of the ground although not too bad during the game).

you know what always winds me up watching Villa on telly, when they show the dugout, and the plastic roof of the dugout is dirty, musty, almost to the point that it looks like the roof of the dugout was installed in 1923, and they have allowed all the dirt and moss etc to just go wild.

Looks filthy!, not becoming of a modern stadium at all :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, spiezels said:

Worked a treat. 🙌🏼

Now there's a happy customer. The result made it even better hahaaaaa.

There used to be (assume still are but are closed) public WC's in the wall at the entrance to Aston Hall. 

Someone moaned about people pissing in the park elsewhere on here recently. Can't the club take these over and have them opened on match days? 

Edit - Actually looking at Google Earth it looks like the toilets have completely gone. There really ought to be some public conveniences though with so many people congregating in one area. 

Edited by sidcow

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

There used to be (assume still are but are closed) public WC's in the wall at the entrance to Aston Hall. 

Someone moaned about people pissing in the park elsewhere on here recently. Can't the club take these over and have them opened on match days? 

Edit - Actually looking at Google Earth it looks like the toilets have completely gone. There really ought to be some public conveniences though with so many people congregating in one area. 

The entire hall is closed on matchdays, even the stables cafe section I think. As it is almost certainly a revenue drain on the council it does seem a bit mad that it isn't open on matchdays given the close proximity of thousands of potential customers. I did ask once and they said it was something to do with insurance.

There is a equally historic old house at Fulham Palace, next to  Craven Cottage which was open on matchdays the last time I went down. Obviously it is  a better class of people in West London who can be trusted to behave themselves lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Â